flywheel

-

Reaction score
Can someone here confirm with certainty that my mid eighties slant six 11 inch flywheel will bolt onto my 69 340 small block with no issues. Id like to run what parts I have instead of purchasing more unnecessarily. Thanks

car or truck bellhousings? it may bolt on, but there is more to it than bolting to crankshaft

Can someone here confirm with certainty that my mid eighties slant six 11 inch flywheel will bolt onto my 69 340 small block with no issues. Id like to run what parts I have instead of purchasing more unnecessarily. Thanks
No it will not, the 6 bolts have 1 offset on the V8 flange, You would have to correct that. Other than that it should work fine w.the appropriate disc & cover. Just an FYI, slanty
guys do the reverse because they get left out otherwise, so it's been done. That said, mostly to stronger aftermarket unit's for racing purposes, to a stock one I wouldn't be
racing it or mounting slicks & 7K shifts! Affordable FAR superior aftermarket units are readily available, and worth not losing part of a foot or leg over...........................

Casting number and photos?
Of what specifically?

car or truck bellhousings? it may bolt on, but there is more to it than bolting to crankshaft
Soory, I should have mentioned truck
No it will not, the 6 bolts have 1 offset on the V8 flange, You would have to correct that. Other than that it should work fine w.the appropriate disc & cover. Just an FYI, slanty
guys do the reverse because they get left out otherwise, so it's been done. That said, mostly to stronger aftermarket unit's for racing purposes, to a stock one I wouldn't be
racing it or mounting slicks & 7K shifts! Affordable FAR superior aftermarket units are readily available, and worth not losing part of a foot or leg over...........................
Not to question your knowledge but Ive read online ( so its gotta be true :) ) that the later slant cranks ( mid eighties anyway ) had a different pattern and I believe Ive read more than once that the pattern matches S.B V-8s. Im just looking for clarification to that specifically if possible, if you have specifically fooled with the later slant cranks maybe you can confirm or deny?

I have never heard of such, and have never seen a V8 flywheel listing any slanty of any year as a co-application, but I have also not laid My hands & eyes on every crank ever
issued for a slanty either. Are You certain the pattern they are talking about isn't the 11" clutch cover & not the crank flange?

I have never heard of such, and have never seen a V8 flywheel listing any slanty of any year as a co-application, but I have also not laid My hands & eyes on every crank ever
issued for a slanty either. Are You certain the pattern they are talking about isn't the 11" clutch cover & not the crank flange?
Thanks for your honesty, according to here Technical - 340 Flywheel and some other feedback I am getting elsewhere it will bolt right on. I know theres only one way to tell for sure though

Well, while it's true the slanty used that size clutch as mentioned,(I have the adapter plate/SB bellhousing & clutch assy/flywheel still bolted to a '76 tk unit I picked up),it'd
be a first to hear of a "late" bolt pattern on the crank switcheroo. I can't think of one logical reason Mopar would have to change production drilling of a crank that hadn't had
a change in 25 years for the last 2 or 3 years of production in this country, but that's never stopped mfr.'s from doing it in other areas, lol! I would pose this question on .org,
or see if SlantSixDan catches this thread, He has voluminous parts catalogs at His disposal. The service replacement #'s would call out any sudden change in interchange-
ability. Of course if the eng. is waiting & You've got the flywheels laying around...................You know the rest!!

What's the tooth count on the flywheel? If it's more than 130 and you want to use a car bellhousing you're pretty much out of luck.

Well, while it's true the slanty used that size clutch as mentioned,(I have the adapter plate/SB bellhousing & clutch assy/flywheel still bolted to a '76 tk unit I picked up),it'd
be a first to hear of a "late" bolt pattern on the crank switcheroo. I can't think of one logical reason Mopar would have to change production drilling of a crank that hadn't had
a change in 25 years for the last 2 or 3 years of production in this country, but that's never stopped mfr.'s from doing it in other areas, lol! I would pose this question on .org,
or see if SlantSixDan catches this thread, He has voluminous parts catalogs at His disposal. The service replacement #'s would call out any sudden change in interchange-
ability. Of course if the eng. is waiting & You've got the flywheels laying around...................You know the rest!!
340 not pulled yet

What's the tooth count on the flywheel? If it's more than 130 and you want to use a car bellhousing you're pretty much out of luck.
143 and Id use the truck bellhousing once I get one

Ok. Well a 143 will only fit a truck bell, it will not fit a small block bellhousing for a car. Should be a nuetral balance flywheel, so that'll work. But I'm not a /6 guy so I can't speak to whether or not it will bolt to the crank as far as bolt patterns and registers go.

-
Back