flywheel

-
I brought my flywheel to an Auto parts shop and they put a new ring gear on. It was many years ago and it was cheaper than I thought it would be, I think about $40.00. Don't have any idea what it would be today. Good luck. If too costly, maybe look for another flywheel even new.

I brought my flywheel to an Auto parts shop and they put a new ring gear on. It was many years ago and it was cheaper than I thought it would be, I think about $40.00. Don't have any idea what it would be today. Good luck. If too costly, maybe look for another flywheel even new.
Yes this is still a cheaper option than buying a new one outright!

Some shops just heat them and pound em on.
I would like to see a few tack welds.

I don't believe mine was tacked welded, but it survived a six pack 440 and and another 440. I guess the shop knew what they were doing or I was just lucky.

so I removed the inspection cover, and the teeth our fine so that is not my problem now, the starter does not seem to want to engage, just here that whining spin when I turn the ignition on.? this is my second starter ???

Had a starter do that, burr on the splined shaft that would cause bendix to hang up. Not the first time this has happened.

Curious if your running a new mini starter or the original Chrysler style.

I have changed the starter teeth ring before, not hard if you use heat.

-
Back