Status
Not open for further replies.

jos51700

Green Bearing thread connoisseur
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I have a pair of FMJ spindles with associated disc brake mounting parts. These were taken off a running, driving Aspen and are used successfully for many A-body disc brake swaps. These spindles and brake calipers will get you the stock disc brake size (10.5"). Finding the large-rotor caliper adapter will net you the 11.75" brakes.

Here's the rub; the driver's side had a bad wheel seal and had corrosion from water intrusion. I've taken the pictures to try to best show the nature and scope of the damage. The car obviously sat for some time with water in the bearing cavity, but the bearings did not appear to spin on the spindle; the raceways are clean.

I've changed the lighting to try to show the damage. The pits are probably 1/16" or so deep but the pics make them look like they're an inch deep. If you understand the engineering behind the spindle, you know most of the load is carried in the inner bearing, so this shouldn't affect the spindle significantly, but even at that I'd still recommend this for getting your car mocked up, getting a shell rolling, trailer queen, budget build (and you'll replace it when money frees up...), etc. The passenger side spindle is in great shape so if you just need a passenger side or know where there's just a driver's side spindle, this is a great money-saving set for you.

Shipping is via flat rate box so both spindles will be sent regardless. Brake caliper brackets and splash shields are included, as is the hardware for for brackets and shields. Price is $150 shipped, continental US. If you're in Canada and interested, PM me and we'll see what we can do.

20180422_195409.jpeg

20180422_195439.jpeg

20180422_195450.jpeg

20180422_195911.jpeg

20180422_200016 (1).jpeg

20180422_200124.jpeg

Last edited:
$110, approaching the price of a single spindle....

$90 shipped.

That includes a perfectly good passenger side spindle, splash shields, and both caliper adapters!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back