FNG from Montpelier Idaho, '75 Duster

-
............Montpelier----------I had to look that up!!! Been to the Boise / Pocatello/ Twin Falls area just 4 times total, and never down in your neck of the woods. Welcome, I'm clear up here in Coeur d Alene.

Montpelier, Coeur d'alène.... a lot of french names in Idaho.
A direct heritage of history when the "Louisiane" aka "Nouvelle France" ran from the gulf of Mexico to Northwest territories.

During the French Louisiana era, French Canadian and French fur traders and trappers nicknamed the people “Coeur d'Alène” because of their hardness in business (the Alène, in french, is a strong mark for working hides and furs). In their language, the Native Americans call themselves Schitsu'umsh or Skitswish (which means "the people discovered here"). Their language belongs to the Salish language family.

Louisiane (Nouvelle-France) — Wikipédia

If Napoleon had have been less stupid, probably you would still speak french in USA :D

Cheers
François

Last edited:
Montpelier, Coeur d'alène.... a lot of french names in Idaho.
A direct heritage of history when the "Louisiane" aka "Nouvelle France" ran from the gulf of Mexico to Northwest territories.

During the French Louisiana era, French Canadian and French fur traders and trappers nicknamed the people “Coeur d'Alène” because of their hardness in business (the Alène, in french, is a strong mark for working hides and furs). In their language, the Native Americans call themselves Schitsu'umsh or Skitswish (which means "the people discovered here"). Their language belongs to the Salish language family.

Louisiane (Nouvelle-France) — Wikipédia

If Napoleon had have been less stupid, probably you would still speak french in USA :D

Cheers
François
That's good to know! It's a good thing he was a bit more stupid I couldn't imagine trying to teach me French!

-
Back