• Ehh, I could have gotten it cheaper

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
-
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1474061259540.jpg
FB_IMG_1474061227558-1.jpg
FB_IMG_1474061217627.jpg
Wanted to say hello to my new favorite forum, FABO!! I'm Mike and this is my 1969 Barracuda Convertible that I purchased for $6700 in Farmland, Indiana and had an adventurous 1100 mile roadtrip to DFW, Texas.
Looking forward to future interactions with the FABO mambers!!

Good lookin ride. If she survived an 1100 mile road trip she must be pretty solid too. Great buy! PS whats under the hood?

Thanks for the warm welcome!! It is an original 6 cylinder car that has had a 1972 340 and 727 transplanted in it. Factory air-conditioned car,, originally red on red, rally dash with performance meter, I have the original from bucket seats and rally wheels that he included in it.
The drive down was an adventure all in itself. It started overheating before I hit Indianapolis and had to let it cool down. After that stop I was driving 80mph on I-70 heading to Illinois and lost total steering, pucker factor 10!! Car tracked well till I pushed on the steering wheel to get it to catch to pull over. Almost cropped my pants. The internal splines in the steering wheel adaptor were completely gone and the cross threaded nut wasn't applying any compression on the steering wheel to the shaft. Limped her 15 miles to the closest O,Reillys and bought a rap and die set and actual found a temporary adapter to get me home.
The wiring is completely butchered, I had no break lights or turn signals. The culprit was the ammeter in the dash which caused the bulkhead connector to burn up. I'm in the process of rewiring the car to remove the years of Jimmy rigging and splices the car has abused.
Once I got her home to Texas, I pulled the Mopar radiator out and ordered a replacement, it was out of a 1982 Dodge Truck 360 ci. It was almost completely clogged. I also pulled the heater core to replace it and it was also clogged with 3 separate leaks. The radiator did have one small leak as well. New water pump is on, radiator is in, and a work in progress on the wiring.
It is a solid car, just need's a small square foot patch on the drivers and passengers floorboard, trunk is solid. Definitely a great project to drive ,enjoy and tinker on.
The convertible top was replaced 2 years ago and the electrics/hydraulics are all working. Glass is pretty solid.
I have named her Azreal, as in the Angel of Detch, LOL

Ha!! I'm just south of you off 35W and Wester Center. I'm finished up my dart very soon. Be happy help you tinker on that Barracuda if you need a hand. Not too many car guys about Keller suburbia.

Soun
Ha!! I'm just south of you off 35W and Wester Center. I'm finished up my dart very soon. Be happy help you tinker on that Barracuda if you need a hand. Not too many car guys about Keller suburbia.
Sounds great!!! I am needing a brother in arms, there's many rudders around here, just few that bleed Mopar. A tasty beverage might be in order for certain. Would love to see your Dart, looks great of what I see so far

I'm always down for a beer:) Shoot me a text sometime (757-846-5765)...I'd love to check your car out. I'm on the cusp of getting it insured, inspected, and legal.....thanks for the kinda words.

Welcome aboard from a pair of fish owner. Do yourself a favor and google MAD electrical bypass. It relates to the ammeter bs you survived.

Welcome aboard from a pair of fish owner. Do yourself a favor and google MAD electrical bypass. It relates to the ammeter bs you survived.
Thanks Ragtop!! I'm bypassing the ammeter and connecting both connections from the alternator and to the battery ends behind the dash. Already bought the new bulkhead connectors. The ammeter fiasco happened years before I got this car. There's 30 splices in the wiring harness that people have made to try to resolve the initial failure.
But I'll check that out for sure. And I'm looking to do the solid state 5v instrumentation voltage regulator as well.
Got to look at your profile to see your Fish. What year?

Welcome aboard from a former Keller, Texas resident now living in Florida. I lived right off Johnson road in the Parkwood subdivision..

Hello from Abilene Tx area. I did some composite training classes over at AA heavy mtx at Alliance FT Worth airport a number of years ago. Looks like you got a pretty good start on a nice project. When they are this old theres always some F@@Kery involved in em. Glad you made it home in one piece. From what your mentioning is wrong with it, just like the rest of us your gonna have to unF@@k it. Welcome to FABO.

-
Back