Foam mockup RB

-

mhuppertz

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these I could rent, beg, borrow, buy or steal?
I am going to build my own headers and possible make my own K-member.
Thanks!
Mark

Man I looked at one and they are EXPENSIVE! Super neat, but I think at the Nats you can buy a windowed junk block for the same amount!

If the rb one is anything like the HEMI one don't bother with it, just look for a junk block....

If the rb one is anything like the HEMI one don't bother with it, just look for a junk block....

i got one, it`s in the car now, won`t be done for quite a while. appears to be identicale to the real thing. but when I`m done one guy has already spoken for it.
oh, by the way, it weighs 12 lbs. !!!-------------------------------bob:wack:

i got one, it`s in the car now, won`t be done for quite a while. appears to be identicale to the real thing. but when I`m done one guy has already spoken for it.
oh, by the way, it weighs 12 lbs. !!!-------------------------------bob:wack:

HEMI one is not the same as the real deal. When it was in a car the valve right side valve cover had over plenty of clearance.....when the motor was put in the valve cover is up against the inner fender......and apparently it is not on the money on the water pump face as well.......motor plate was installed with the foam block.....yet the plate was off when the HEMI was installed.....So don't count on things being right when you go to install the motor/headers...just speaking from experience....

Is that a complement? As if I could have a good thought?

LOL
before I bought the 440 mock block, I borowed A 440 block from a guy to check the front struts to make sure I wasnt getting them in the way of my engine plate( dang near did) the mock block w/ the trans. in it, on the motor plate, it sits the same as it did w/ the real thing. I just yesterday mock installed the heads-intake and carb. no heater motor clearance, even w/ the stock valve covers. doesn`t appear like the heater motor conversion trick will give me enough either, going to try the trick and try to find a shorter heater motor too, I guess. my heads are longer than stock. anyone got any ideas for a shorter heater motor? -------bob

Here is a picture of the HEMI version of it

View attachment 100_0101.jpg

It is correctly located in the car. Notice the big gap between the valve cover and the uncut right side inner fender. So again, I would not put much stock in them being dimensionally "correct"......

-
Back