Folks who wear eyeglasses...

-
Had to start wearing glasses at age 45, too.

That's just a minor problem in getting old.

The next thing in line for the old guys, is the prostate cancer biopsy, and or, problems in that department.

One in five guys is gonna have problems.

Had that done Thursday.
Not a nice thing to have to go through.
When I was still employed a buddy that I worked with was talking about when he had his prostrate exam. Provided a few laughs....Rick told me that the doc said to let him know if it hurts more than he thinks it should...Ricks response was based on what? I asked Rick if when the doc was standing behind him if he heard a zipper go down....

Got glasses (3-4 years after I probably needed them) in my late 20's...hey, I can see now! I need them for all distances, but my distance vision is worse than my close vision. (I can read without them, though eventually it gives me a headache.)

I absolutely refuse to consider surgery...the THOUGHT of a laser poking around my eyes makes my skin crawl.
Ernie had Lasik done a few years back, best thing she ever did. Did cause some serious problems with aiming a firearm but.....I got to watch, was freaking me out pretty seriously...

Was just out in the garage doing maintenance on the chain saws....struggling away not being able to see....til I put my glasses on.....:banghead::banghead:.....My distance vision is still ok, a bit off bit not a real problem. The Boss has suggested getting a set of bifocals....fighting against THAT tooth and nail....:violent1::violent1:

Absolutely not ever. No lasers near my eyes. No chance, no way, no how, not in a trillion trillion years, not for a million dollars. Too much risk for not enough reward.

I'm 44, been wearing glasses since I was two years old if you can believe that. Had lots of issues - astigmatism, lazy eye, farsighted etc. Probably should have had corrective surgery but my parents declined. Eyes got better as I got older but never good enough to not wear glasses.

I now need bifocals or progressives, I can't see **** anymore. I can't read at all, especially in low light. Based on the replies here seems to be common at this age.

Glasses are something that comes with age for the vast majority of us. I started wearing glasses in my late 40's for reading. Although I could still read magazine size print without them, wearing them made it easier and clearer.

I'm 65 now, and I wear glasses to read with, and to mess around on the computer. I wear them to watch TV and to drive, about 50% of the time, as I actually don't need them to do either, yet, but that day is coming.

Like I said, it happens to the majority of us at some point. Don't ignore it, but don't be overly concerned about it, either.

Doug just get the LASIK . Well worth it.
No Lasik for me, distance vision is not that bad yet. When Ernie had hers done doc told us that the surgery was only for her distance vision. Don't know if it was just in her case as she had severe astigmatisms in both eyes.

Glasses are something that comes with age for the vast majority of us. I started wearing glasses in my late 40's for reading. Although I could still read magazine size print without them, wearing them made it easier and clearer.

I'm 65 now, and I wear glasses to read with, and to mess around on the computer. I wear them to watch TV and to drive, about 50% of the time, as I actually don't need them to do either, yet, but that day is coming.

Like I said, it happens to the majority of us at some point. Don't ignore it, but don't be overly concerned about it, either.

Not the least bit concerned over it.....just was curious about how it seems like my vision has gotten worse since wearing the glasses....almost seems like some kind of trick that is being played in some way. Not going to ignore it neither. I was struggling with it for several years. Was getting mild headaches from reading. Was able to read magazines etc if I used a strong flashlight.....it is what I still do when I open the gun safe at times......

I have safety/sunglasses that have a "bifocal" reader lense in the lower part. That way I don't look old, I look kool!

-
Back