food for kidney health

-
Interesting info.

I wonder if I can get my cat, who is both newly diabetic and in the very early stages of kidney issues, to eat any of those recommended foods.

Last edited:
Interesting info.

I wonder if I can get my cat, who is both newly diabetic and in the very early stages of kidney issues, to eat any of those recommended foods.
let me know how that works out for you. our cat prefers licking the ice cream off my plate and eating her cat "cookies" rather than her canned food. but at 18 (today), I guess allowances can be made. Good luck with the experiment1

Its Thursday, and a beuityful day.
Water is going to help everyone and animals, I enjoy eating pickled beats, but my kids and my wife say they taist like dirt.... ok, if it helps all our functions of or kidney, do it... I shoot a shot glass of Apple cider vinegar with an ice cube, let it set for 5 minutes and drink it down.. to easy.

Making our selves do it is the hard part, not the taist, 65 and been doing it for 14 years.

Water and water. I've had kidney issues and water is the best. Always stay hydrated, it's not something that you should play catch up with. To help the water go down better for me, some days I put a couple ounces of cranberry juice in a very large glass of water. You can do other things that you may feel are good for you, but also add a good amount of water daily.

Last edited:
I have the apple cider vinegar but have not tried it with an ice cube. I find room temp water works well.
And, yes, beets taste like dirt. but it seems that anything or most) that is good for you tastes bad.
Not much into cranberry juice but dark tart cherry juice...when I could afford it.

-
Back