-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey everyone,

I'm listing these two cars as a package because they need each other to make one useable car. This whole deal is a long shot, but I'm definitely open to offers or really just to see what happens. First car is a 1974 Plymouth Duster. Car is in some ways not bad at all and others just plain bad. Car has Slant six/3 speed manual drivetrain currently. Has original factory sunroof, completely non-operational. I pulled it out of the car to see what I could do, but theres way too many parts missing thanks to whoever took it apart way before I came into the picture. Parts for the sunroof are hard for me to find, I did pick up some ASC sunroof parts used on a BMW in hoped of rigging something, these will be included with the car. I've actually seen a whole working sunroof assembly on ebay right now for only $200.00 plus shipping but I'm completely broke right now and can't afford that myself. Anyways, Car also has fiberglass fenders, which look good but are definitely not original. Manual drum brakes and manual steering. Has the 7 1/4" rear end, fold down back seat and bucket seats up front. Also has factory AM/FM radio, which works somewhat. The bad: Car has the dreaded cowl leak, and I'm sure for a while the sunroof leaked too, which lead to some serious floor rot, particularly on the drivers side. The torsion bar crossmember rotted through, and the car now has a nice lean to it. I DO have another clean crossmember that I came from another duster, this is included with the car also. The underhood and floors look like somebody went to town with rustoleum - not very pretty. The trunk has a fair amount or rot around the taillight areas too, and the frame under the trunk floor has a few rotted through areas. Car was repainted at some point, and will require another repaint in the future. I think I covered all of the important details on this one, so onto car number two...

1975 Dodge Dart Custom 4 Door. Cinnamon Poly paint with tan hard top. Actually not a bad looking car. Ive known about this one for about 3 years now, and unfortunately it suffered through serious owner neglect before I came to own it recently. Car is a 318 Auto 904 with an 8 1/4" rear I believe. Has a dent in the passenger fender and a scrape on the rear quarter panel. Headliner is ripped, maybe salvageable. The important things to note are : Power front disc brakes, v8 K frame, rebuilt front end (allegedly- I paid for this work from my mechanic but I can't be sure. I'll see if I can find the receipt later tonight). I took this car on with dreams of using the goodies on the duster, and having a v8 manual sunroof car. I made a serious misstep and believed the 1975 dart was worth fixing and driving for a while since Ive been car-less lately. The dart hasn't proved to be reliable at all and I've put less than a mile on it since i've gotten it. Car has new Ready Rad radiator and the 904 was just rebuilt and TF shift kit was installed as well. Newer exhaust system on the dart, and the frame is very clean - I was planing on cutting the rear frame out of the dart and welding it in the duster. I put new carpet in the dart, as well as a new floor pan which probably isn't useable again...I didn't do a great job (it was my first time!)

Dash pads on both cars are in really good shape, the darts has a small really tiny crack on the passenger side visible through the windshield.

To sweeten this deal, since it sounds so bad at this point, I have two items: An A833-OD manual trans and a 1971 340 motor. I just picked up the A833, trans looks to be in great shape but I have no way to really test it. I put a hurst shifter plate on it and a 4 speed summit shifter I had laying around...all included. No bellhousing or shifter rods. The 1971 340 motor I picked up over the summer. Engine is dissassembled. It looks clean to me, no rust in the bores or anything I see as an issue. Has forged crank, crank was...cross cut? or something...I can take pictures of the whole engine tomorrow when its light out. All thats missing is the valve covers, I bought a weiand intake for it a few months ago that is included as well. Between all of this stuff and a few extra dollars is a pretty decent car I think.

So, what would I like for all of this? I've got it down to this: I'd like to see about $2500.00, or I would trade for either a very nice running car I can use as a daily driver (any make/model!) OR a Gear Vendors unit for a 727 transmission. I know this is a big package but I think it does best bundled together, and my price is quite a bit less than what I'm in for so far. Whole deal is located in Philadelphia, PA 19135.

Attachments

• SDC10259.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,058
  • SDC10260.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 799
lol, I think I'll pass on the acclaim for now. I actually got the dart to run pretty well finally, so I'm feeling less pressured to get rid of these old cars for now. I'm still open to good offers if any come up. I realize this lot looks pretty hopeless so I'm not expecting much. I'm gonna repair the duster's crossmember when the weather gets nicer. I don't wanna part either out, since they're both pretty complete. The only reason I have the 75 was to use the good parts on the cooler duster, but..well...I don't think I can bear to do that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back