For those of you who are not afraid to cut your dash ...

-

'Bout Time!!

Reaction score
Well, I have decided to cut mine for a modern radio. I just wanted to get a few ideas in supporting the body of the radio. I have seen lots of pictures of dashes with these radios but I'm having a hard time visualizing how to mount the radio. I talked to the guy at the audio department at Best Buy for ideas, he just shrugged. Big surprise there. Thanks guys!

Why not add an accessory port to an existing AM radio? Classic style, modern sound...

And I used to live in Springfield. I'm glad to see you on here!!

you can use that "plummers" strap, 3/4" wide and holes in it, or...

when you install the "cage" make sure its a VERY snug fit...

then bend all the tabs out, this will hold the cage in BUT NOT THE RADIO...

i learned the hard way and had my deck stolen...

there are threaded holes all over it that screw in thru the cage...

also you see the "arms" on either side of the cage? there are little tools and slide in there and let the radio come out, hence the screws...

I put the radio in the glove box, safety is built in. Made up a wood frame and did the deal, fit's nice with the face plate off.

Here are some pics of the frame:

Don't cut it. Find another way to get modern sounds. I hate the fact that my Darts last owner cut the dash for a radio.

If you haven't cut the dash yet, take a look at the "Secret Audio" systems. Here's just ONE PLACE you can learn about them.

Oh, by the way, I sell aluminum brackets that allow you to replace that old deteriorated single dash speaker with two modern 3.5" or 4" two-way speakers. Just sayin'...
icon10.gif

-
Back