Force 10 aluminum brake master cylinder

-
A little help for you since you linked their home page. I assume this is what you’re referring to.

29ADE314-DCB4-483F-9B31-A066306377CB.png

That one is good if you have a power brake booster or like a rock-hard pedal! You may want to consider a 15/16 bore master cylinder. A little more pedal travel but much better braking! Just my 2 cents.

i guess my question would be why do you want a 1 1/32" master cyl?

for the alum. body? more feed back on a power brake car?

I have a manual brake Kh disc front 10x1 3/4 rear brakes and a 1 1/32 master and I have 2 " of pedal now.
I am rebuilding the calipers and thought if the aluminum master is the same size I would change it out also.

I have a manual brake Kh disc front 10x1 3/4 rear brakes and a 1 1/32 master and I have 2 " of pedal now.
I am rebuilding the calipers and thought if the aluminum master is the same size I would change it out also.
if you're find with the pedal feel now, then by all means. a 15/16" or even a 7/8" might give better action if that's what you're looking for.

personally, i've found the 15/16 to be about the sweet spot on disc/drum cars on both manual and power applications.

All other things being the same.

( and assuming I did the math right)

15/16 piston is 12.1% less force than 1" piston

1 1/32" piston is 6.4% more force than a 1" piston

For most of our cars a 1 " piston is stock.

I have a 70 with manual Kelsey Hayes up front, drums in the rear and a Dr diff 15/16 aluminum master. Excellent feel and good braking.

I have an aluminum 1-1/32" bore master on my 68 GTS with SSBC aluminum calipers in front on KH style replacement rotors. Rear brakes are stock. It stops excellent from over 130.

A little help for you since you linked their home page. I assume this is what you’re referring to.

View attachment 1716171923
Yes that is correct.
That one is good if you have a power brake booster or like a rock-hard pedal! You may want to consider a 15/16 bore master cylinder. A little more pedal travel but much better braking! Just my 2 cents.

I have an aluminum 1-1/32" bore master on my 68 GTS with SSBC aluminum calipers in front on KH style replacement rotors. Rear brakes are stock. It stops excellent from over 130.
Do you have a force 10, Dr diff or late model store bought? I like my firm pedal and it is not hard to apply brakes at speed also.

-
Back