forced indution piston ?

-

mopar420

Reaction score
im looking for forced induction pistons for my small block and wondering what u guys are running and what i needed to go with! Please help me out im new into the forced induction world! Nitrous just got to old for me!

Well… You will need some forged pistons.

I will try not to sound like a jerk here but…….

When asking questions like this please try too be as specific and provide as much info as you can.

We want to help but we need something to work with.

I like this example.

I need some new shoes. Could you guys tell me what kind and size I should get?

Well im going with either the rhs 360 x or the eddys from hughes! and a huges cam! but i know it cost alot of money to build a mopar in the first place ive been around mopars all my life i own 10 of then!7 A bodys

make sure you beef up everything. the pistons will be the most problematic part when supercharging an engine due tot he intense heat and pressure that is forced into the chamber at such a high rate that the pistons can't deal with and crack or ring lands break.

Do it once and make it right the first time.

thnaks for the info i was thinking abotu a 318 to a 390 kit with the diamond pistons and just change my whole set up! Im goin to do it right the first time i dont want any trouble with the engine! Plus im goin with a main support also to help with strength! diamond pistons seem to be the way to go the kit im looking at comes with the dish forced induction piston so that may be the route to take whats ur thoughts! And i know yall are prob saying go with a 360 but i have 4 318 blocks and have the set up for the 4speed

im looking for forced induction pistons for my small block and wondering what u guys are running and what i needed to go with! Please help me out im new into the forced induction world! Nitrous just got to old for me!

Okay,

Well you can run special blower pistons but they are expensive. I am running readily available TRW 8.5:1 froged pistons. I've never had an issue with them and my engine has been together since 1988! It's important to note that boost is just an indication of the pressure in the intake manifold. The better your heads are the less boost you're going to create. I started with mildly ported stock X heads and I had 9 pounds of boost. After I had the head work done my boost dropped to 5. Also you do not want a cam with a lot of valve overlap. This will drop the boost.

I hope this helps Good Luck!

I am running JE forged 9-1 pistons in my 406, the price was bad but the wait to get them was bad

thanks i just talked to someone and they are gettin me some srp dish with teflon coating maybe that will fix my problem! I hope tha teflon was a good move thats what they recomended!

What problem are you having? Are you running some kind of forced induction now?

If you put in some very low compression pistons on a non turbocharged/supercharged engine you may end up with the power of a riding lawn mower.

im goin to be running a d-1sc procharger with around 15 to 20 lbs of boost when its all said and done the project should be dont by late this year!

I've just ordered a set of Diamond low comp pistons for my 390, which were a special order due to me changing them. The car will be running around 9-10psi from a 6/71 blower. I was a great naturally aspirated setup and should be really fun once the new change is done. I'll let yas know how I go.

Mike

Well if u havent looked at the new mopar mag it has a article in there where hughes built a 318 30 over wht eagle crank and rods with diamond coated pistons for the super charger store they put a main support system on it is the only reall big change but bob is running 14.5 to his 318 and i talked to him a few days ago and he said ti was a awsome set up in his scamp!

-
Back