Ford 8.8 people, which Master cylinder did you use?

-

Judge Mills

1971 Plymouth Duster
Reaction score
I'm at the point I need to buy a master cylinder. I have a 71'Duster that was originally 4 wheel drums with manual master cylinder. Now it's 8.8 in the rear with discs and 73' discs up front.

I'm running stock booster. Heard Ma liked to bias towards the rear anyway.

Bone stock dude, never thought of changing it. I re-bent the stock lines that came with the 8.8 and used the same rubber because it was workable. Maybe later I'll dick with the adjustable prop valve, but to get it rolling it's fine.

I am going from 4 wheel drum, to 4 wheel disc with an 8.8 rear. I was going to begin by not changing anything. I figure that a 4 drum set up has to be apportioned close to 4 disc set up

I'm guessing you are aware. Got to make sure you don't have the higher psi residual valves used on at least some drum systems.

I didn't go Ford, but I went Dana with a disc brake conversion. Other than running new steel brake lines, I stayed stock. OE booster and master.

Looks like I need to pick up a new booster and master cylinder w/ bracket! I'll probably try to get a used one from one of the guys here. Thanks guys!

-
Back