Ford 8.8 rear end for my 64 dart?

-

DumpsterFire

Reaction score
I have a buddy that used one for his old mustang and it looks like a cheap way to a very good rear end with limited slip. Anyone shove one in your a body? Trying to see if there's any obvious reasons this is a bad idea. Plenty of explores I can do yank one out of for cheap.

Seeing some threads of folks not even cutting them down and just making it up with wheel offset. Is there anything massively annoying about this swap I'm not seeing?

So far what I've seen is the parking brake since you have to source things yourself. other than that I think it's a slam dunk and I'm planning on it myself. Loads of videos and threads on how to do it now.

Good luck!

I did a 8.8 in my 66 signet with coil over, tri angle bars and 6 in. back spacing on 8 in. wheels. The off center rear end works out great for the floor of the valiant also, and I have 1/2 in. tire clearance on the inside of the rear quarters. Its a win win win all the way around

It's a common swap. Beats the heck out of paying golddigger's prices for an 8.75.

I'm sitting on one.
1717078676742.jpeg

also look at ford Rangers. you lose the disc brakes, but they're 58.5" wide vs. 59.625.

or if you find a pre 93 ranger, they're 56.5" wide, but I think only available as a 7.5" rear, not an 8.8.

also look at ford Rangers. you lose the disc brakes, but they're 58.5" wide vs. 59.625.

or if you find a pre 93 ranger, they're 56.5" wide, but I think only available as a 7.5" rear, not an 8.8.
Don't give half a **** about disks on the back of a car. A cheap lsd was the draw. I'll look into them

-
Back