Ford 9 vs 8.75 Yoke/pinion length

-

subcom

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’m considering a 9” Ford rear, have all of my dimensions calculated but am struggling to find the length of the yoke mount vs my 8 3/4 to understand if my driveshaft will fit or will be too short or too long. Anybody who has done this swap know? I’m looking for the Ford 9” equivalent of (C) in this chart which is 12.35” for an 8 3/4. I also understand that the Ford has different length yokes, so that might make it less than just a black and white answer. Thanks guys!
4CE1FCC7-E598-440B-B0E2-B60CDD06B5A9.png

I don’t know the information you are looking for, but I have had driveshafts made and even modified before. It was not as expensive as you would think. First you need to pick a drive shaft shop and talk to the about what you want to do. They have all the answers. Most shops of this type do truck drive shafts as most cars are front wheel drive and do not use drive shafts. Shops that make leaf springs will know where good drive shaft shops are and you can reference them as well in your search.

I think the ford is shorter (hypoid gear)

Cass at Dr. Diff will have the answer.

Screenshot_20220723-103702.png
Screenshot_20220723-103634.png

I don’t know the information you are looking for, but I have had driveshafts made and even modified before. It was not as expensive as you would think. First you need to pick a drive shaft shop and talk to the about what you want to do. They have all the answers. Most shops of this type do truck drive shafts as most cars are front wheel drive and do not use drive shafts. Shops that make leaf springs will know where good drive shaft shops are and you can reference them as well in your search.
Thanks. I have a custom 3.5” alum driveshaft with 1350 yokes I had made. I’d like to reuse it with the Ford 9” if possible.

-
Back