Ford ,Chevy,exc.Parts in your mopar

-
I'm going to have to join the "change anything but the engine" club. I've mentioned in other threads that I'm a blue oval guy with a real soft spot for Mopars but I would NEVER consider putting anything but a Mopar engine in my Duster. I'm considering putting a 5 or 6 spd trans in it but I'm going to try damn hard to find a Viper 6spd just to keep it all Mopar. Kev

Guess I'm hardcore, but I wouldn't use so much as a washer if I knew it came out of a GM parts bin. Wouldn't kick a dog in the *** for anything that GM ever made, and I really don't like dogs either. If I use any Ford parts they will be attached to the car they came in. How cheap are these replacement parts when you have to replace them 3 or 4 times to get them to last as long as what MaMopar made? I guess that isn't a consideration when you are building a trailer queen though.

Guess I'm hardcore, but I wouldn't use so much as a washer if I knew it came out of a GM parts bin. Wouldn't kick a dog in the *** for anything that GM ever made, and I really don't like dogs either. If I use any Ford parts they will be attached to the car they came in. How cheap are these replacement parts when you have to replace them 3 or 4 times to get them to last as long as what MaMopar made? I guess that isn't a consideration when you are building a trailer queen though.

LOL Thats a real Mopar guy!!!I was starting to think that the name should be changed to for a bodys ,chevys fords and what ever else is in the parts bin dot com.

Everything has a Ford 9" in it, and for good reason. I don't have a problem with that.

Really i race quite a bit i don't know one guy running a ford 9"..several running 8 3/4's and dana's though...theres a guy at my track running a real nice '70 duster that goes 9's,its got a sb chevy..mopar guys totally dis him,and with good reason..:angry7::angry7::angry7:

Well I had a guy come to me and wanted a drivetrain put into his 1972 SST Javelin. He wanted something he could go to the parts store and actually have the parts in stock 20 years from now.
Finding the original 390 AMC engine is almost as impossible as finding a SST Javelin, so I put a 355 sbc and a TH350 into it.
Now before you go burning me at the cross.......think about what an AMC is??? They borrowed parts from all the big 3(no disrespect), and for that matter isn't the customer always right? He aproved and I made some cash.

-
Back