Ford Offers New Deuce Coupes

-
don't really care about what they are doing but I got a kick out of them telling folks to put a 327 stovebolt in the ford.

don't really care about what they are doing but I got a kick out of them telling folks to put a 327 stovebolt in the ford.

First, a stovebolt ain't a 327. It's slang for the chebbie straight six because some of the engine fasteners they used looked like stove bolts. Secondly, the reason the article mentioned the 327 is because that's exactly the engine that was in John Milner's car in American Graffiti. So I think the reference was ok. Regardless of the reference, the 327 is a fine little engine.

Considering a Brookeville 3 window coupe starts at $25K, if they can price it at $20K for the final product they should have a good seller.

First, a stovebolt ain't a 327. It's slang for the chebbie straight six because some of the engine fasteners they used looked like stove bolts. Secondly, the reason the article mentioned the 327 is because that's exactly the engine that was in John Milner's car in American Graffiti. So I think the reference was ok. Regardless of the reference, the 327 is a fine little engine.

to me every chevy is a stovebolt

and I know what American graffiti used, but most rodded fords use a junk chevy motor.

IMHO

If I was to do one.....This would be my style. With a Flathead and modern FI of course. :D

Sweet choice,Ricky. Not a flat head fan,I'll take mine with early Hemi style,with a blower and two carbs,please. Different strokes,different folks.....

A V12 Caddy flatty would be da shizzel.

-
Back