Forged piston suggestions?

-

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking for any suggestions on forged pistons and if anyone know if there is a manufacturer that makes some specifically for boost. I know I watched a video recently about a turbo specific piston had more material between the top ring land to help prevent from piston failure does anyone offer a piston like this for a stock stroke small block? Looking to put 10 to maybe 16-18lbs to it as long as I can keep the tune in check. Let's hear the suggestions......thanks!

Custom pistons designed for your exact goals are what you want/need plain and simple. Boost changes expansion rates and effects other factors, certain alloys work better under psi too. Don't skip on pistons, if they are under pressure custom pistons are well worth the money and peace of mind.

Piston manufacturers will make whatever you want. Even a square one.

Piston manufacturers will make whatever you want. Even a square one.

Oval ones too. This is from a production engine. A Honda NR750 2 cylinder 16 valve engine.

nrpiston.jpg

03.jpg

Oval ones too. This is from a production engine. A Honda NR750 2 cylinder 16 valve engine.

nrpiston.jpg

03.jpg
Thanks for showing this. I was trying to explain this to some know it all bike guy that this actually exists . Was there a 500cc version of this also? What I recall it made 133hp at 23000 rpm!

Looking for any suggestions on forged pistons and if anyone know if there is a manufacturer that makes some specifically for boost. I know I watched a video recently about a turbo specific piston had more material between the top ring land to help prevent from piston failure does anyone offer a piston like this for a stock stroke small block? Looking to put 10 to maybe 16-18lbs to it as long as I can keep the tune in check. Let's hear the suggestions......thanks!
I used DSS for my 420ci small block. They're on the heavy side but bullet proof. Not cheap though. $1k with Total Seal rings. But I needed a custom pin location. Dan

-
Back