Formula 1 ?

-

65-440

Reaction score
Anybody else into F1 racing ? I was looking forward to the 2014 season, but after watching todays race i'm a little iffy..... plus the cars sound like **** ! and reliability seems to be an issue for a few of the big teams ... definitely an interesting race today

i'll take it over rednecks going left, that's for sure ;)

Formula 1 racing is the only true racing out there,other than drag racing.Nascar has to be the most boring racing to watch,around and around in a circle lap after lap,just post the high lights and maybe watch the last 25 laps to see the big crash and watch millions of dollars go down the drain in the crash,no skill in just turning left.Let,s see here,the F1 motor makes a bit less HP than a V8 and it,s only half the size,so you tell me how,s better in TECH department,mrmopartech

I believe that they have to make the rules so they use stock cars again . They need to limit it to 4 cylinders and allow them to run them wide open without restrictors. You will still be bored to death with the turn left racing but at least we would get some good cars coming out of it again. They would work more on areo and develope different cars for us and they would have the 4cyl running over 200 MPH in no time. All of this would trickle down to the consumer. Now they are all just cookie cutter hand made cars what really trickles down to us?

Dude they were turning out over 800hp with a little 3.8L V8! And FIA LIMITED to 19K RPM ! So far I'm not impressed with the new turbo V6's, it is nice to see different faces up front though.

,no skill in just turning left.

That's flat out ignorant.

JPM finished 3rd a couple times in F1 points winning about 7 races. How did he do in the "no skill" turn left league? He was proficient at taking out a jet dryer! :)

Ask any of the crossover guys that tried to run that left turn league how easy it is, Motorcycle GP champ Kevin Shwantz, motocrosser Ricky Carmichael, Steve Kinser, Scott Pruitt... list goes on of guys that ran at the front of their discipline that got absolutely hammered when they ran the "no skill" league... The only one that's been successful is Stewart.

I thought the new F1 cars sounded like garbage.

no skill in just turning left.

Yep....spoken like a true sidewalk commando...Don't remember the name but several years ago one of the fellows that dominated the class he raced in, which were loosely based on the one liter production sport bikes made the comment that if you can successfully race in his class you could successfully race the 500gp bikes. Believe the 500 2 strokers are in the 350 pound range and make around 225hp. This individual climber on to a 500 GP bike and destroyed it....crashed it hard enough that nothing could be salvaged.

Everything is always easy...til you try it. Would could be hard about racing a fuel car? Burn out, pre-stage, stage and launch...how difficult could that be....

JPM finished 3rd a couple times in F1 points winning about 7 races. How did he do in the "no skill" turn left league? He was proficient at taking out a jet dryer! :)

Ask any of the crossover guys that tried to run that left turn league how easy it is, Motorcycle GP champ Kevin Shwantz, motocrosser Ricky Carmichael, Steve Kinser, Scott Pruitt... list goes on of guys that ran at the front of their discipline that got absolutely hammered when they ran the "no skill" league... The only one that's been successful is Stewart.

You sir have never seen Talladega nights. F1 drivers can drive nascar while drinking tea and reading a book! Hahaha!

While I like how high the engines can scream (!), F1 just don't do it for me. I like the cars in the Rolex series (same ones that race in the 24 hours of Le Mans). Though I really like the GT1/GT2 class the best in the Rolex series cars.

This is real world. Watching Kinser,Swindell, & the World of Outlaws gang,as a kid. It's a new world, when you change tracks,rules,& sanctions. I don't watch NASCAR( and prefer real grassroots racing....), I do prefer it,over F1....
No many people,can make the crossover,(racing leagues & sanctioning bodies) anymore.

-
Back