Formula S stripes on a 1966 fish.

-

erickillz

Reaction score
Do any of you wise ones happen to know the width on the factory racing stripes? I'm trying to avoid buying the stencil kit from eBay, because I'm a cheap b@stard. Anyone got a tape measurer and a barracuda with original paint? High five in advance.

Do any of you wise ones happen to know the width on the factory racing stripes? I'm trying to avoid buying the stencil kit from eBay, because I'm a cheap b@stard. Anyone got a tape measurer and a barracuda with original paint? High five in advance.

One inch line, one inch space, four inch line, one inch space, four inch line, one inch space, one inch line. Right to left or left to right.

Thanks, 4spdcuda66 - the center space looks a little wider than the spaces between the outside stripes to me, but I measured your figures out and mocked it up on the hood, and it looks pretty great!

Thanks, 4spdcuda66 - the center space looks a little wider than the spaces between the outside stripes to me, but I measured your figures out and mocked it up on the hood, and it looks pretty great!

I don't remember where I sourced my information about the stripes, so I could be wrong. However, the stripes on the car in the photo are consistent with what I have seen on original and restored cars. You may want to look into it further. I have seen several "incorrect" stripes on '66 model Barracudas that look great. The '65 style looks good on '66 cars also. I guess it depends on if you're going for an original look or just whatever you like. That car in the photo is not mine by the way.:glasses7:

-
Back