Found a 440 today,and a big suprise

-

Capt. Zorro

Reaction score
I answered an ad about a low mileage '71 steel crank 440 today. It was in a shop that belonged to a friend of the owner of the engine. I've driven by it for years, had some old junk trucks setting around but never paid any attention to it. The guy's are some of the many transplanted Yankees we have around here now. Walked in the place and the first thing I saw was a Hemi block on an engine stand. Looked around had there were about 3 or 4 more. Had a 69 Dart up on a rotiserie doing the body work The guy said that he was going to put one of the Hemi's in it for his Son. I'll check back by with him later and see if he will let me take some pics of his toys.
I got the 440 and trans, pulled the valve covers and it looks like he was telling the truth. Very clean, all plugs but one nice and light tan, cylinders seem to have good compression for sitting in the shop for about 30 yrs. Have them soaking in Marvel Mystery oil tonight. Going to do a leak down test on the engine tomorrow.
Adios Amigos,

Yeah, I'll try to get some pics. I just met the guy's and don't want to be too forward tho. Alot of folks don't want everyone to know where they are or what they have to keep the thieves from carrying everything off.
It was the nicest collection of Mopar items I'd ever seen around here.
Adios Amigos,

-
Back