found a duster

-

70dusta

Reaction score
i never thought there was any sitting mopars around me. so 1 day i remembered a car that had been sittin in a driveway a few neighborhoods over ithought it was a nova cuz the last time i was over there i was young and i was just goin off memory so the other day i went over there and it ended up bein a 70-71 duster its been sittin there for as long as ive lived here 8 years and hasnt moved. from what i saw its in really rough shape (quarters were toast) im in mass so it didnt have much of a chance

Even if it's rough drag it home anyhow it would always make a good parts car!
I have a few rough one's i've drug home for donor parts.

In about a 20 mile radius from my house, I have counted four or five Dusters that are available to buy fairly cheap. I wish I had a place big enough to start my own stable for homeless Dusters.

Evil, where did you get your go-wing? Aaron wants one for Christmas.

Jerry

[QUOTE='74 Sport]
Evil, where did you get your go-wing? Aaron wants one for Christmas.

Jerry[/QUOTE]

I picked it up at Carlisle a couple years ago from First Place Auto Products,they advertse in the Mopar mags.

My buddy called yesterday to tell me that he had just bought a 71 Scamp, minimal rust, for $100 from his neighbor. I knew he called just to tick me off, as I'm trying to do a major rust repair on my Dart. Parts cars are great, but my wife would file if I started to accumulate anymore cars. Howard

I found a Duster the other day on our local Craig'slist, called the number and talked to the girl and she said she bought a new truck and needed the parking space. So I went over to look at it and see what's up with it. When I asked her if it run and drives, she told me it did, but since her hubby changed the sparkplugs, they hadn't been able to get it started again. I looked it over and under real good and was pleasantly surprised to see it was virtually rust free(just two small spots on each side of the DS rear wheelwell). It had a couple parking lot scratches on it and that was all for the body damage.

I asked her what her asking price was and we came to an agreement. I ended up with a 74 Duster /6 AC column auto bench seat 2-door coupe that will pass WA state inspection with current tags and liscense for the princely sum of $250.

I went back the next coming Saturday, changed the ECU and the ballast resistor, started it up and drove it home without problems.

Wow, why can`t I ever find a deal like that? Excellent find Rick!

QUOTE=Hutchfish]I found a Duster the other day on our local Craig'slist, called the number and talked to the girl and she said she bought a new truck and needed the parking space. So I went over to look at it and see what's up with it. When I asked her if it run and drives, she told me it did, but since her hubby changed the sparkplugs, they hadn't been able to get it started again. I looked it over and under real good and was pleasantly surprised to see it was virtually rust free(just two small spots on each side of the DS rear wheelwell). It had a couple parking lot scratches on it and that was all for the body damage.

I asked her what her asking price was and we came to an agreement. I ended up with a 74 Duster /6 AC column auto bench seat 2-door coupe that will pass WA state inspection with current tags and liscense for the princely sum of $250.

I went back the next coming Saturday, changed the ECU and the ballast resistor, started it up and drove it home without problems.[/QUOTE]

Hutchfish said:
I found a Duster the other day on our local Craig'slist, called the number and talked to the girl and she said she bought a new truck and needed the parking space. So I went over to look at it and see what's up with it. When I asked her if it run and drives, she told me it did, but since her hubby changed the sparkplugs, they hadn't been able to get it started again. I looked it over and under real good and was pleasantly surprised to see it was virtually rust free(just two small spots on each side of the DS rear wheelwell). It had a couple parking lot scratches on it and that was all for the body damage.

I went back the next coming Saturday, changed the ECU and the ballast resistor, started it up and drove it home without problems.

LOL
I bought a ford fairmont (for my stepson) years ago, that was in excelent shape. But ran like crap. I popped the hood, nosed around for a couple minuites. closed the hood. Gave them $200, draged it home. Popped the hood and took the bolts out that hold the egr valve, WITHOUT any tools.
Made a gasket, bloted it on, Tight this time. Without anything else, he drove it around for quite a while till he wrecked it.
Never can fin the Mopars like that

EvilScamp said:
Even if it's rough drag it home anyhow it would always make a good parts car!
I have a few rough one's i've drug home for donor parts.

I agree, drag that baby home at the very least for parts. I'm from Mass also. If you pass on the car and it's for sale let me know.

-
Back