Found a neat C body

-
Your offer is more than fair............after it sits awhile with no takers at $2500 and a few low ball offers he will come around, good luck.

That seller is nuts. After sitting 15 years?! Expect more than one rodent nest, and associated damage. Plus that car is rotted underneath for sure.

I traded $700.00 of work on a Harley for this '68 Newport Last year. I flushed the gas tank & fuel lines and replaced one wheel cylinder. It had a 383,727 w/shift kit & dual exhaust with flowmasters. Ran like a top & sounded pretty mean. I drove it for 8 months then sold it for $1000.00. The guy I sold it to pulled the motor & tranny to put in a '69 Sport Satellite then he parted it out and junked the rest. I don't think I would even pay a Grand for that you pictured if it had sat for that long. Just my $0.02

Attachments

• Newport.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 123
the car has been sitting for 3 years in a field, (he corrected me saying it's actually been sitting 15 years..) how it has no air cleaner and moisture has definitely gotten inside the engine, how the quarter needs work, how the floors will definitely have rust, how the engine will need going through, how I have to pay for the tow, and a number of other things. He said 'Well.. how about you give me $1000, and then give me monthly payments of $100 until I get $1800.' I said no, that I stand at $1000.
We'll see where that goes.

15 years? BAHAHA, ok , then i can promise you that thing is rotted underneath. insult you? i think you would be doing him a favor by giving him 1000 bucks for it. i wouldnt give 800 for it. its a 4 door C body thats been outside for 15 years ! it will NEVER sell for 2500 bucks. thats why it is STILL for sale.

15 years? BAHAHA, ok , then i can promise you that thing is rotted underneath. insult you? i think you would be doing him a favor by giving him 1000 bucks for it. i wouldnt give 800 for it. its a 4 door C body thats been outside for 15 years ! it will NEVER sell for 2500 bucks. thats why it is STILL for sale.
X2.You got that right! I'd crawl under it and look at all the places it's rotted and poke it with a screwdriver. Then grab the fan belt and see if the engine is froze up. Now you would be able to explain to the owner what a junk he has and then negotiate a price (that is if you stll want it for some reason??????)

X2.You got that right! I'd crawl under it and look at all the places it's rotted and poke it with a screwdriver. Then grab the fan belt and see if the engine is froze up. Now you would be able to explain to the owner what a junk he has and then negotiate a price (that is if you stll want it for some reason??????)

Nah, not really into it anymore. I just like to piss the guy off by making him realize his car isn't worth $3000, or even $1000.
I'm picking up a 66 Barracuda in a few days, for a lot less.

-
Back