found a possible deal

-

DusterBoy15

THE WISE(guy) MEMBER
Reaction score
ok so i found a local 360 motor for sale with forged pistons rv cam holly double pumper and weiand intake the only thing is that its a RV motor so its about a 75-80 motor and i dont know if i should get it please help me and let me know what i should do thanks

500 and the guy said under 10k but it does need a gasket rebuild
and if i get it i think im going to get some j or x heads or even 308s

DB15, Is engine still in vehicle where you can hear it run and maybe do a compression check? If not, will the guy guarantee it to be a good running engine with no problems? What does a gasket rebuild mean? Not a bad head gasket I hope, seeing as that could mean other problems. Who did the rebuild, if any, on engine? What work was performed? I would be cautious when buying a used engine. Check it out thoroughly. JMO, Mike

he said he took the intake off and it looked good and clean but he said it could use new gaskets becasue it has been sitting for a while also i found some 360 j heads 1.88 valve should i get them?

If you think you're going to buy that engine, first check the heads that are on it. They may be just as good as the others you're looking at. Get the numbers from them and we'll run them. No use spending money if you don't have to. Mike

he said it should run 87 octane but he doesnt know the compression he said they just rebuilt it with forged pistons so i guess its stock compression

well im gonna pull the heads any ways and put all new gaskets for insurance but how would i tell if i pulled them?

-
Back