Found a rearend!

-

Dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
Im super excited if any of you read my 318 build thread you know i need a rear iv got a 7.25 with 2.76 gears. Well i read the 8.8 swap sticky and wanted to go that route so iv been looking around well i found one today on fb marketplace a complete d4 (3.73) with disk breaks for 100 bucks im so happy about it im just hoping he comes thru and it works out im gonna use this thread to document my progress

Cool, I have an 8.8 just like yours in my shed awaiting installation in my son's 67 notchback Barracuda. Hope I can learn something from you. Rod

IMG_3011.JPG

Hopefully we can learn from each other lol This is my first go around im sure im gonna be asking lots of questions haha

Ok im gonna go ahead and start some questions lol to the ppl who have done this does the factory abody shock mounts work or did you use the ford ones? and did you have to do anything special with the disk breaks? Did you just connect the lines?

I finally got a chance to pick it up today! It looks good I will get some pics in the morning and post them in so happy that it worked out im excited to start on the swap!

Good luck with the swap there is an 8.8 sticky thread on here. With lots of good ideas and pictures. I am very happy with mine. Saved me a lot of money. I bought slotted rotors for mine on Rockauto and replaced the bearings, pads and cleaned up the calipers.

-
Back