found another one

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what I thought. It looks really nice

Just a few miles from the house if someone is interested in it, I could look at it for you.

Pics look really good. its a about a 10 footer. rear quarters and trunk have been patched some time ago and will need to be done again in the future as the body work is starting to pop. floors are solid. interior is really nice. has some patch work on the inner front fenders by the hood springs and front fenders have some patch work too. overall pretty solid car but needs some attention. I was considering ditching my 72 dart project to get this one but i will hang onto mine and try to finish it. It is worth the asking price in my opinion.

I went and looked at it today for Matt. It is only about 7 miles from my house.

I encouraged the owner to check out this site (he is a member on BDART site) He has a 440 Dart also. He bought it to help out a friend and has plenty of other projects.

This car is well worth the asking price due to the parts that are there. He stated that if he doesn't sell it (yes his $3,000 is FIRM) he might finish it or part it out. This car is too good to be parted.

It looks like someone started to make a street strip car out of this. It is a factory AC car and the heater box has been removed, but they covered the holes in the firewall before painting but didn't smooth the firewall so guess they spot welded the covers and should be able to remove and reinstall the heater box if someone wanted to. It looked like he had most the bigger parts needed to reassemble the car

The interior looked good, new carpet, headliner & seats looked good.

I didn't see any holes or excessive rust on the undercarriage.

Has 8 3/4" rear 489 case

has a 318 with aluminum 4 barrel intake, said it had not been run in maybe 2 years, engine turned over by hand on the crank pulley. Has a set of headers but no exhaust on it

He states it is a 10' car (due to 1/4s more like 25'). Paint is older but with some TLC would make a nice driver. This is not a show car and to be one would need a lot of work, but for a nice weekend cruiser with some work and $$$ it could be a driver.

The Bad on the car is as he has stated, the rear 1/4s need some attention. It looks like to me that someone tried to open up the wheel wells some the way they cut and filled the 1/4's, the outer wheelhouse would also need work/replaced.

Front & Rear valance need repaired or replaced

front inner fenders and the mounting edge on the front fenders needs some work, but not too bad.

This is definately a project car that someone had to give up on, so some stuff done. It would not be a car to buy, slap together and flip for quick profit in this market, maybe in a few years it might.

Owner stated he thought about cancelling the craigslist ad due to the number of calls he was getting. Don't think he is hurting or needs to sell it. He knows what he has in parts, he is a MOPAR person and knows the cars well. I do believe he is going to be firm on the selling price.

I would hate to see this one parted out because it is worth more in parts than as a whole car.

If you do call about this think about what I have written or PM me if you want more info

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back