Found interesting (rare?) car at swap meet

-

71340Duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm not sure if this is the correct spot to post it, this car is not die cast but is a model car of a sort. I found this at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds Swap Meet in Monroe WA this weekend. It is supposidly #3 of a limited line of gas powered cars, this is some kind of Judy Lilly model Duster. The car had opening door, removable hood and whole body of car lifted up to see gas engine etc. His business is called Mr. Williams Whirling Wheels and his card says it's an Industrial Reclamation Art place out of Snohomish WA. Anyway, I don't know how rare or what it's worth, he was asking $600 firm.

Attachments

• 20150517_133344.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 624
  • 20150517_133356.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 599
Okay I got a response from the seller. He sent me an email, I'm going to just put it down word for word:

"The 'Miss Mighty Mopar' Duster was made by the Ertl Company. 15 cars were made and this is #3. They used the Cox 1/2 A chassis and .049 glow plug engine. It's an inline tether car. It is heavier than a model of it's era and was likely made to sit on a shelf and just look cool for years rather than run down the street. Having to clean fuel off of this piece would be shameful.
It is is mint condition. After doing more research and realizing the rarity of the car, I am motivated to consider offers starting at $1,000.00. Shipping will be done through USPS at the buyers expense and it will be packed like a new born baby. I will be repacking my sale items and will take several more snaps to send to you soon. Thank you for your time and consideration and I hope it sells to a Mopar nut very soon.

I will say he offered me a $25 dollar "finders fee" for locating a seller, I would just as soon pass that on to the buyer. I really don't know what documentation he has or the authenticity of this piece, I did see it and it doesn't looked cobbed together. I'm enclosing the business card he gave me, if you want to contact him for further info I'm sure he won't mind. If he sends me more pics I will post them. I'm a little surprised by his increase in price, but maybe this thing is that rare, I don't know.

Attachments

• IMAG00056.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 410
  • IMAG00057.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 402
This car sold on ebay in march 2015 for 475.00

Did some more browsing on ebay and found a listing for a ertl 1/18 diecast miss mighty mopar that matches the body on the gas car . I have been involved in selling nhra/nascar diecast and models from the beginning of racing champions and Action . have always been into nitrous planes cars and boats have had the Cox and Wen Mac cars. But never have I seen a Ertl intro car . the hood or doors would not open on a tether car anyways
Some one did a nice retrofit but not Ertl.
My 2 cents worth

This car sold on ebay in march 2015 for 475.00

Did some more browsing on ebay and found a listing for a ertl 1/18 diecast miss mighty mopar that matches the body on the gas car . I have been involved in selling nhra/nascar diecast and models from the beginning of racing champions and Action . have always been into nitrous planes cars and boats have had the Cox and Wen Mac cars. But never have I seen a Ertl intro car . the hood or doors would not open on a tether car anyways
Some one did a nice retrofit but not Ertl.
My 2 cents worth

Thanks for sharing this info. I wonder what kind of documentation he has to show that this car is #3, #3 of what I wonder? Just curious about the Ebay sale, what was that car represented as?

Thanks for sharing this info. I wonder what kind of documentation he has to show that this car is #3, #3 of what I wonder? Just curious about the Ebay sale, what was that car represented as?

The same thing that you posted about hand made only 15 made i would like to see paperwork or proof .
When you saw it is it diecast or plastic ???? All gas cars were plastic that I have seen .I am 63 so I was into the Cox Wen Mac stuff when I was a kid

-
Back