Found my dream rims. Tell me it's not a nightmare.

-

Criscobath

Reaction score
I'm looking at the following rims...

enkei-enkei92-classic-wheel-large-main.jpg

Question #1: Is 5X114.3 bolt pattern the same as 5X4 1/2? Looked it up. They are the same.

Question #2: These wheels only come in 15X7 +38, which I believe equals 15X7 with 5.5 backspace, correct?

Question #3: Will they fit inside the stock fender wells without rubbing?

Question #4: Will I need spacers to make them fit?

Question #5: If I do need spacers, what size spacers will be needed to clear stock location leafs?

Question #6: Will they clear suspension components in the front?

THANKS!

No, they will not fit the front. I have 15x7.5 Centerlines with a 5" backspacing on the front and I need a 3/8" spacer (I have bbp later disc brakes) to get them to clear the upper a arm. I have the same on the rear with a stock a-body 8-3/4 rear and the 15x7.5 at 5" offset works fine. Tire clearance/size will be the end all issue for the rear. FYI I have 225/60/15 tires on all 4 corners and am looking to replace the rims I have as I don't like the front fitment and the use of a spacer.

I guess for the same reason I want to use gold engine turned look decals on my dash panels. I know most Mopar guys are purists to one extent or another. I just happen to not be one of those guys. I have zero brand loyalty.

Also, there are lots of cool influences that cross all brands. I want a thunder bolt tear drop hood on my swinger...That, or a trans am shaker or L-88 style hood. I run a Chevrolet transmission because I liked the one I had in my 87 Monte Carlo SS.

If we all stick to what Mopar is and has been, all our junk begins to look alike, am I wrong? I'm building my car the way that fits my tastes. I'm sure you've done the same. In the end, I'm spending all this money to please myself, no one else. I think that's the way it should be.

BTW, I'm not using these wheels after all. There are too many compromises to get them to fit and the cost is an issue. Therefore, it's all a mute point anyway. :)

Also, there are lots of cool influences that cross all brands. I want a thunder bolt tear drop hood on my swinger...That, or a trans am shaker or L-88 style hood. I run a Chevrolet transmission because I liked the one I had in my 87 Monte Carlo SS.

If we all stick to what Mopar is and has been, all our junk begins to look alike, am I wrong? I'm building my car the way that fits my tastes. I'm sure you've done the same. In the end, I'm spending all this money to please myself, no one else. I think that's the way it should be.

WHAT! Thats why there are the different brands.
:scratch:

Agree with Brian: do what you want. I had a buddy who had a set of those gold Enkei's on his TA back in the day. Here's a similar pattern from a Chrysler LHS. They're 16" but a FWD offset could be a problem.

Attachments

• 100_0860.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 306
Put the wheels on it you want on there. It's no one else's car but yours.

-
Back