Found new site

-

tomt966

Reaction score
Found this site thru ebay. Has anyone bought stuff from them? Any good?

[SIZE=-1]www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com[/SIZE]

Yes, I purchased from them both via ebay and direct. It was actually a little better deal dealing direct. The foam seals and gaskets they make are top notch.

I bought a gasket set for my Dart heater box. Everything fit good and instructions were good as well. Unfortunately, the sealer for the halves was missing. I called cuz I needed to put it back together in a hurry. Jim couldn't send me some quick enough so he refunded my money and told me how I could get some at the hardware store. I ended up using plummers putty which seems to have worked good. Doesn't harden up.
He said that he works full time and does this as a sideline, I hope he keeps it up cuz it seems like he is a good guy.

Jim Fillmore ( DMT's owner) is an asset to the hobby. I bought a few do-dads from him (that fit and look great...) and casually mentioned that he should consider doing 67-68 Barracuda hood insert gaskets. Know what? He sent me a set of proto-types GRATIS!!!!!!!!!!

Barracuda286-vi.jpg

CarStuff062-vi.jpg

CarStuff063-vi.jpg

While they're not EXACT reproductions, they DO prevent the inserts from laying directly on my fresh paint. Send DMT all the business you can. Jim deserves it.

Did I mention he sent them to me for free?

I bought tail light gaskets off them for my Duster and I am very pleased with them.

Jim sounds like good people. I'm putting him on my "preferred Vendor" list

i think those Cuda insert gaskets are selling like hot cakes. I saw them as soon as they were listed on Ebay for $9.99, I clicked on it to watch that auction and within minutes someone bought them. I found another set and before I could buy them someone bought them. The third time was successful and they are on the way. They went up a bit in price to 14.99, but still seems very reasonable.

Yeah I bought some stuff off him as well. If he doesn't make something and you want it and have a template you can send it to him and he'll give it to you cheaper if not free since he can make a pattern off it and then sell them. I agree we need more guys like that.

Thanks guys. "Necessity is the mother of invention". While doing a home resto about 4 years ago I found out THERE ARE NO GOOD GASKETS available for Mopars. I just couldn't stomach using the ONLY Paint Gasket Set being sold for my car so I made my own. I have a small side business laser cutting industrial signs and thought I could laser cut the gasket materials for my own car. Took over a year alone to find the different materials. After DOZENS of phone calls I stumbled across a sales manager that said "we acutaully MADE the foam gasket material for Chrysler back in the day". This was for the gray foam rubber that is used on 99% of Mopar lense to housing gasketing. I now purchase about 50 different types and thicknesses of material and am always looking for more correct and more modern versions of exact looking materials.

Also being a Mopar nut it's become a passion to do the most correct gaskets, from the most correct materials and purchasing EVERYTHING from US raw material manufacturers and MAKING the stuff, myself, right here, 1 mile north of the Detroit border. Can you tell I'm PRO USA?

I have almost every A body application covered from 67 to 76; Barracuda, Demon, Dart, Scamp, Valiant, Duster. I need to do more of the early stuff. Need to find people doing a resto of 62-6 cars so I can get ALL the gaskets off a "known" car. Espescially interested in the early firewall gaskets.

Before anyone asks, I WILL be getting to the A Body A/C Heater Box Resto Kit soonish. Hopefully before the first of the year.

Bought my DMT tail light gaskets off of ebay for my 66 Valiant, they are awesome, no leaks!! Great products!

-
Back