Found race gas in my home town

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I have been trying to find a station with race gas somewhere in the Twin Cities. All of them are way out of my way and I would burn up the fuel getting home. I was showing off my new motor to a buddy in town and talking about his Essex project and his Challenger when the subject came up. He says "why don't you go to Kath in town? They have a 500 gallon tank and can't keep it in stock they sell so much. So after all my searching, my little home town has the stuff on hand. I filled up at $7.99 a gallon and am going to crank the timing up to 35 degrees and see what this baby can do! One full tank = $111.01 ... ouch!

I've heard that you can go to a small airport and get fuel there but I don't swear it to be true. You could mix that $7.99 stuff with premium and do a custom blend.

I could, but I'm running almost 12:1 compression. I want to keep the timing dialed up for power, but need to dial it down to run on pump gas. Anything less than 110 octane means lowering the timing to accommodate, and that means less power. E85 here I come.

First Fuel Bank has 111 octane here in St. Cloud at 2 or 3 locations, spendy...

That was cheap!! The race gas in america is cheaper than the low octan gas in Sweden, the cheapest gas cost about 8.5$ a gallon over here.

You're gonna need more tire or longer roads.

And a loan for gas......

I've heard that you can go to a small airport and get fuel there but I don't swear it to be true. You could mix that $7.99 stuff with premium and do a custom blend.

You can. Has to be in fuel cans though, the local small airport won't let you pull your muscle car up to their pumps :D

Can't wait for work to end. I am mounting my new 295/50R15's on the rear to replace the 265/50R15's and cranking the timing to 35 degrees. I can't wait to see how much more power I get. I'm going to mark the distributor at the pump gas setting and again at the race gas setting, so I won't need to time it each time and can just turn it to the marks if I change fuels.

Just checked with the local station selling the Turbo Blue that we have here.
Such a deal! Only $6.99 a gallon. With the price of regular going for $3.95 a
gallon. i think it's a great deal.
Oh, by the way. It's 110 octane.

You can. Has to be in fuel cans though, the local small airport won't let you pull your muscle car up to their pumps :D

Problem with aviation 100LL is it is not the same 100 octane that R+M method calculates, apples to oranges. The stuff does have 4 grams of lead / gallon and should help 93 UL raise octane, but how much?

We have a pump here at a gas station with 110 @ $7.00 a gallon.

I know your up there a ways in North Branch. Glad you found a spot close to you! Just letting you know you can get race gas in Lake Elmo and North St. Paul also.

Geez, here in Long Island it's $9.99/gal. for Cam 2 110, $9.98 for 100 unleaded. Gotta go 20 mi. one way to fill up a 5 gal. jug.

Huge difference across the whole power band. Took off in second and smoked the tires all the way through to overdrive. That's a good thing because I have new bigger tires to put on, I just want to burn these off first.

Put on the new 295/50 R15 back tires. Smoked the hell out of them in the back lot. It looks real nice. It added almost 2" in width and about 1.3" in height. They still won't hook up, though, but I can't afford the race gas for a while. I just filled up for the third time in three days. $250 worth of gas in three days. I asked for a bulk discount and they laughed at me!

It's costs me just over $100 to fill my tank with 98 RON, BP Ultimate.

a no name gas station almost in front of my house,sells or tries to sell cam 2 unleaded 100 octane,,last time i checked just under 9 bucks a gallon,,he was paying 4.23 a gallon for it,,guess he figured i would be his best customer,,my motor and carbs are set up to run on 93 octane,,,guess he figured wrong,,lol

Put on the new 295/50 R15 back tires. Smoked the hell out of them in the back lot. It looks real nice. It added almost 2" in width and about 1.3" in height. They still won't hook up, though, but I can't afford the race gas for a while. I just filled up for the third time in three days. $250 worth of gas in three days. I asked for a bulk discount and they laughed at me!

Mix it with pump fuel

-
Back