found roadrunner!

-

hamesdart

Reaction score
well for the past month or so with my dart almost finished, even though cars are never finished.... i have been thinking of my next car to build.
either a gasser afx car belveder/fury or something or a b-body charger or something for a street car and have a little fun.
Well the other day i thought about my friend and he has a 70 roadrunner that has been sitting in his front yard for years untouched. i went by to talk to him and he said about 7 years ago he was buying it off and old man for $1000 and then his buddu bought it out from under him for like 100 more..
and then later his friend ripped it apart and gave up and then my buddy bought it for a few hundred. well now 7 years later it hasnt moved and he knows he cant afford to build it since he has about 4 projects and cant even pay registration on his truck... so i talked to him about buying it and ill see what happens when he calls back!!!

This is soundin like a no brainer to me. The bargaining aspect of this is on your side. Sounds like he needs money and you know what he paid for it. Pictures please.
Small Block

well the thing is he has had people offering him money for it for the past few years, its hidden in bushes off the highway and people still catch a glance and stop and ask. even a few cops came over a few times to ask haha, we thought we were in trouble.
but all and all even with offers of 7k plus he turned it down... he told me yesterday its not the money its the principle that hes had it for 7 years and he would like to do a quick rattlecan paperclip build on it... and i said screw that. If he sells it to me it would be in good hands and get built were every nut and bolt is taken care of and the car wont just be auctioned off or sit in some museum, and he can still see the car and drive it around town. i told him to think it over and ill come back in a few days but it may take longer or maby sooner then that... hes a real good guy and he even said he dosnt want to it go to some ***hole that will kill the car or just flip it for money.
SO we will see!!!! woohoo,. i would love to have it.
its a 70 original ragtop but someone changed over to hardtop and i think it was a 383 but now has a 440 for it instead.
i would take pics but i dont want to go over to start snapping photos yet haha.
body is straight and clean minus a little fender cancer.

When you say ragtop do you mean convertable or vinyl?

I think the 70 is my favorite roadrunner followed closely by the 68/69. I don't really like the 71 and later. They just look too big.

-
Back