FOUND!!! Small block 727 trans tube picture

-

68 CUDA FORMULA S

Reaction score
I need a good picture of a small block 727 trans tube, I have a few tubes laying around that I tried to line up but they don't look like they are for a 727
Thanks
Bob

He's looking for pictures of a 727 transmission dipstick tube installed & maybe the dimensions of same.

Don't really need a picture of one installed, just a good picture of one out of the car so I can see the correct shape and length of the secure bracket.

I've got tf tubes lying all over the place, but when somebody asks for one, I say I don't have any; because it's just that difficult to match one up. Even when a trans comes in with the tube still in it, the bracket hardly ever matches up perfectly with the hole. And you think you're going to do it with a picture? No way. It's like trying to match up a lock from a box of keys. That's why they sell the flexible ones that bolt to the firewall.

Mancini's has a picture of a small block 727 tube on their website, I will look through the stash and see if I can come up with something similar in shape and see if it will work.
Thanks for all the useful replies.
Bob

I understand all that, all I am looking for is the shape of the small block 727 tube so when I look through all of the stash that part is done. When it comes to bending the mounting bracket so it fit's the bell housing and positioning it for a correct level reading I will deal with that at that time. First is finding the correct shape small block 727 tube, there are so many different ones laying around and the two I have at home right now are no where near what I am looking for.
Bob

100_7397.JPG
100_7401.JPG
100_7399.JPG

-
Back