Found some pics of my car id never seen before

-
oh yes, I remember you now. Its always fun to talk to jerry, he always has something new he's trying. ill look you up this coming summer.

In fact, I might make it up to Martin one day this summer (as I have never been to that track), if I do, I'll PM you to see if your going.

not to be that guy, but feel free to invite me for that little shindig aswell

not to be that guy, but feel free to invite me for that little shindig aswell

Might have to do that, lol. It would be nice to get a bunch of us together, a little racing, and some tailgating.

That is, if no one minds hangin' with a crotchety old dude like me. :D

Might have to do that, lol. It would be nice to get a bunch of us together, a little racing, and some tailgating.

That is, if no one minds hangin' with a crotchety old dude like me. :D

don't mind driving a car older then me, so why would I mind hanging out with guys of that vintage ?

I was just yanking your chain about the motor haha. It's a beautiful car, that's for sure. We all have our own opinions which makes builds original! I give props for the work done. I want to get my 65 Dart to sit on big rubber like that.

That's one beautiful car! I spend a lot of time at Martin in the summer and I don't think I've ever seen this car run, I'll have to keep an eye out for ya in the spring. What events or nights do you usually go?

The car spends most of its time on the street these days, but I would like to get to the track soon to take advantage of this cool weather. Eric L

Isn't the Mopar action mega mopar weekend coming up May 17??? That will more than likely be my first opportunity to hit Martin. I need to get some work done on the Dart first.

All I really did this winter on the blue car was put new axle bearings and seals in the Dana 60 and change the oil and diff fluid. Id like to get back to the track to play with the jetting in the carb, but mostly just planning on driving it to work and maybe to hang out in GR here and there. Eric L

Love the car

Tried to buy a 64 hardtop but the guy let someone use it and the wrecked it. Neat little car that his mother bought new. Black with red interior

Have to agree about support. I would love to put a new Hemi in my dart, but the lack of support and the high cost will probably leave the small block in it.

GM has supported the aftermarket and encourages hotrodders to use their products.

Don't like it but that is the facts.

When ledendary motor car was putting a V8 in a Prowler they went to chrysler when the 6.1 was 1st released and ask to get an engine for the build, they were told no. This was a car built with TV coverage and Chrysler turned them down, so what is a builder to do, go to GM and get a LS7 and put it in there on TV.

You have a great looking car no matter what powers it. Good story on how it changed over the years. Most would have scrapped it.

Love the car

Tried to buy a 64 hardtop but the guy let someone use it and the wrecked it. Neat little car that his mother bought new. Black with red interior

Have to agree about support. I would love to put a new Hemi in my dart, but the lack of support and the high cost will probably leave the small block in it.

GM has supported the aftermarket and encourages hotrodders to use their products.

Don't like it but that is the facts.

When ledendary motor car was putting a V8 in a Prowler they went to chrysler when the 6.1 was 1st released and ask to get an engine for the build, they were told no. This was a car built with TV coverage and Chrysler turned them down, so what is a builder to do, go to GM and get a LS7 and put it in there on TV.

You have a great looking car no matter what powers it. Good story on how it changed over the years. Most would have scrapped it.

Thanks for the compliments. Whats even cooler is how my son grew up in the car and now we are building a 63 valiant for HIM, lol. His is going to be much simpler though, lol. So far we have just been gathering parts and taking stock in what we have. So far we have a LOT of stuff. Being 13, im helping him streach his dollar as far as we can. By the time we sell off some of the extra parts we will almost be AHEAD money wise. Thanks, Eric L

All I really did this winter on the blue car was put new axle bearings and seals in the Dana 60 and change the oil and diff fluid. Id like to get back to the track to play with the jetting in the carb, but mostly just planning on driving it to work and maybe to hang out in GR here and there. Eric L

There's a lot of guys that hang out at the Sonic on 54th and Clyde park, turns into a ricer fest occasionally but you can find a lot of muscle there most Friday and Saturday nights.

Nice MI thread here! Beautiful car - it's yours, build it how you like! I'd say I'd join up with you guys but my bare shell of a 70 duster is likely a couple years from being road worthy!

For the money you have in the motor, it covers some pavement pretty fast, and like you stated you street drive it.
The best way to enjoy a car is to drive it.

-
Back