Found some seats and need ID help.

-

DragonMopar

Reaction score
So I picked these seats up from the junk yard. They were in a 1966 Cuda. Im pretty sure they are not original. Just figured I would see if you guys knew what they might have come out of. The seat back lock and lever to fold the back forward in on the back of the seat in the middle of the seat. Got any ideas?
DSC04674-1.jpg

DSC04679.jpg

DSC04677.jpg

DSC04676.jpg

I'm really sorry to bump this up after 5 years, but for the sake of documentation and future research, those are 1971-73 Ford Mustang seats, trimmed in standard vinyl (deluxe seats had a different pattern).

Since these have a center release lever, they're definitely 1971 seats. '72 moved the release lever to the outboard of each seat frame, making it easier to access while standing across the door jamb. That appears to be factory vinyl covers too - TMI's replacement offerings do not look as good nor fit correctly on these seats, in my opinion.

While they don't carry the same value as similar Mopar seats, you should have no problem getting $350-450 for them. You might even be able to trade them for some significant Mopar parts, if you can find a guy who does both Chrysler and Ford - and is looking for some very nice, unrestored '71 Mustang seats.

-Kurt

-
Back