**FOUND** Stolen Vehicle! Help me find my car!

-

sparksfly121

67 Dart GT Conv
Reaction score
I need your help.
My dad's '68 Checker Aerobus has been stolen from the warehouse that it was stored in. Rumor has it that it was sold to a salvage yard in Shelbyville, TN. I am hoping to be able to recover it in one piece.
If you see this car, or one like it, please let me know.

Attachments

• DSC_3606.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 817
  • DSC_3605.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 794
  • DSC_3604.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 772
  • DSC_3882.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 784
  • DSC_3883.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 782
  • DSC_3603.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 785
  • carson4.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 778
Dude "sparks" you ain't far, it's just a straight shot down nolensville rd. I'm from unionville just north of there, all the yards in that area are easy enough to get to and have good road frontage to do some spying. Plus shelbyville is a pretty small place, I bet word would get around if it really was there.

I'm not sure a salvage yard would want something like that. I'll bet where ever it went, it was crushed. I'll keep an eye open, I travel all over mid TN for work.

Wait a minute. Wasn't it found? Quick search....http://www.checkertaxistand.com/

Many of you will remember C Carson Parks 1967 / 1968 Aerobus from the national conventions. It was white with piano key stripes and two of his hit songs on the rear fenders and tailgate. This morning his son contacted me to try to locate his stolen Aerobus. Here is the note: Also, this evening I sent in a form through your website regarding his '68 Checker Aerobus. This evening I found out that it had been stolen from the warehouse where it was stored, and I'm looking to recover it. If you or the club could spread the word through your network for people to keep an eye out for it, it was last seen in Nashville, TN and may have been sold to a salvage yard in Shelbyville, TN, but I have not been able to verify that. (keep in mind, it probably was painted). A few pictures are attached, and I appreciate your help. Let's keep our eyes out for this piece of history ... you can email any leads to [email protected] *** UPDATE *** Through a screwed up legal process, the car was deemed abandoned and sold to a company in Tullahoma. The car is intact, and I am working on taking steps to get the car back. Thank you all for your support, thoughts, prayers. Hopefully we will be reunited soon.

I'm not sure a salvage yard would want something like that. I'll bet where ever it went, it was crushed. I'll keep an eye open, I travel all over mid TN for work.

Wait a minute. Wasn't it found? Quick search....http://www.checkertaxistand.com/

Many of you will remember C Carson Parks 1967 / 1968 Aerobus from the national conventions. It was white with piano key stripes and two of his hit songs on the rear fenders and tailgate. This morning his son contacted me to try to locate his stolen Aerobus. Here is the note: Also, this evening I sent in a form through your website regarding his '68 Checker Aerobus. This evening I found out that it had been stolen from the warehouse where it was stored, and I'm looking to recover it. If you or the club could spread the word through your network for people to keep an eye out for it, it was last seen in Nashville, TN and may have been sold to a salvage yard in Shelbyville, TN, but I have not been able to verify that. (keep in mind, it probably was painted). A few pictures are attached, and I appreciate your help. Let's keep our eyes out for this piece of history ... you can email any leads to [email protected] *** UPDATE *** Through a screwed up legal process, the car was deemed abandoned and sold to a company in Tullahoma. The car is intact, and I am working on taking steps to get the car back. Thank you all for your support, thoughts, prayers. Hopefully we will be reunited soon.

Great update!! Thanks for sharing the fact that it has been found.

Yeah, we found the car.. Now I just have to go through the legal process of getting the car back. Pain in the ***, but I gotta do it.
Thanks for the support. :)
CP

Glad to see a happy ending to this story. Plenty of cars never get recovered.

1. SIck *** car dude

2. if I were you and this happened, if I ever found the bastard who did it I'd probably give him a fist sandwhich and make him eat it (if you get my drift)

good luck with the legal processes dude

i'd hire 12 attorneys and chauffeur them all to court in that car on court day lol

i'd sue their asses off & it would take them a month to go through all the paperwork i'd have filed

-
Back