found the perfect car for my son

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
in a few more years he will be 16 and so ive been kinda sorta looking a project car for him
(not seriously looking, but you guys know how it goes)

well, i came across this one today and it is perfect
1 its a duster
2 it has a roll cage so if he flips it, he'll be sorta safe
3 it doesnt have an engine so he cant go to fast

1972 Plymouth Duster - auto parts - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

perfect! Or buy the kid a slant duster , caged, problem solved!!

that is probably what will happen...or a 318

im kinda thinking a F body Volare would fit the bill better, but of course im gonna have to let the boy have a say in it (since he will be doing the dirty work anyway)

^^ I know I am way down in Tx but... I have a 79 225 slant Volare never any rust, painted last year, new tires, 90x mi . buckets need covers, drive home,
100_2623.JPG
$4500. Ya never know!!

100_2619.JPG

If the body’s decent, the Duster might be a good starting point. Make sure those tail lights are good, as those are pretty rare!

Last edited:
Agreed 6 banger 3 in the tree manual steering and brake bench seat 2 door good fuel mileage lots of fun and good potential for a nice clone

Agreed 6 banger 3 in the tree manual steering and brake bench seat 2 door good fuel mileage lots of fun and good potential for a nice clone

Bet the kid wont like ''3 on the tree!"

I think we discussed that one a few months ago, didn't we?

that one would be perfect...if you still have it in a few years
They come and go. I doubt I will still be around in a few years!! lol
I had a "kid" 2 states over that wanted the white slant car last month, but had to had a video of it running. He could not grasp the idea of me not doing videos. LOL
Both cars are great to just drive to the grocery store whatever. I lke them. Not worth so much I worry about them. Insured thru Haverty full stated coverage for what $80 a yr!!!!

Traded a 07 Chrysler 300 hemi awd for a 67 dart when he was 14 best thing I ever did he’s now 17 doing boces welding , did his own mini tubs and so much more mopar kids are the future

FD181254-98B9-4F1B-8CA9-FDF0053B9E05.jpeg

E37338F4-A03D-4E55-98D2-09DBE7B86A58.jpeg

-
Back