Found these floormats

-

slantflat

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I bought a junkyard 68 Valiant Signet that I'm taking apart and it has some floormats in it that I've never seen. I have no way to take a picture of them so I'll describe them as best I can.

They are both single piece mats that stretch the width of the car, the front one has more mat area than the rear one, and they both have a picture in the middle, griffins on both sides of a shield.

Are these factory mats or something you could buy at an auto parts store? They are in pretty good shape, not ripped or anything so I'd like to clean them up and do something with them.

Thanks everyone.

Sounds lIke aftermarket truck mats stores like Walmart used to carrie

They are both single piece mats that stretch the width of the car, the front one has more mat area than the rear one, and they both have a picture in the middle, griffins on both sides of a shield.

hey mike, i was going through the for sale section when i noticed the mat in the New Yorker
[FOR SALE] - 1973 Chrysler New Yorker 2 dr

what do you think, got a match?

I think I have a set of those in singles. I couldn't find out any details as to whether they were Mopar or what.

I don't know where they came from but old people used them especially back in the day, they were popular, they aren't made anymore and people pay a lot on ebay for those vintage mats.

Yep that's them! They look like something old people would like. Goes along with plastic on the living room furniture.

Yep that's them! They look like something old people would like. Goes along with plastic on the living room furniture.
do you plan on selling any parts from your 68 valiant? if so please pm me as I need some parts for my 68 dart gt. thank you, brian

-
Back