Four barrel carburetor for slant 6 Offenhauser manifold?

-
Thank you for the input Johnny, I was wondering if a carburetor off of a 383 could be "metered" down to work on the slant.

Actually a 383 from back in the day was no bigger than 600 CFM. Depending on year and carb number.
Early 60's 383 AFB's were in the 465-475 cfm range. Chrysler literature called them 500.
It was around 1967 that the AFB grew larger and when the 440 AVS came out it was rated at 750.
If you do a search here on CFM ratings there is a list I believe.
My favorite is the Eldelbrock 500 for street use. I even ran one on a 451 B stroker on the street.

I agree with a stock 225 and no exhaust work to make that 4 bbl flow it may be too much.
You can disconnect the secondary's and drive it that way. When you are ready and you budget allows
The intake,carb,exhaust really wakes up the Slant Six.
The cobbled up exhaust that I ran on my 64 Dart 225 in photo. I was using Clifford Headers.
2 1/2'' single is plenty for a basic stock 170/198/225.Even a mild build. No need for duals(excess weight).
Unless that's what you want.

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

I agree with a stock 225 and no exhaust work to make that 4 bbl flow it may be too much.
You can disconnect the secondary's and drive it that way. When you are ready and you budget allows
The cobbled up exhaust that I ran on my 64 Dart 225 in photo. I was using Clifford Headers.
2 1/2'' single is plenty for a basic stock 170/198/225.Even a mild build. No need for duals(excess weight).

View attachment 1716150660

View attachment 1716150663
You don't still have that Y pipe do you? lol

No, it went with the car that I never should have sold :BangHead:

View attachment 1716150660

View attachment 1716150663

Headers are on the list. I have not torn into the carburetor yet because I want to make (reasonably) sure it would work good. Perhaps that's why the secondary's are stuck closed as I mentioned earlier, I do not know much history on the car but has been sitting for over 25 years.

Headers are on the list. I have not torn into the carburetor yet because I want to make (reasonably) sure it would work good. Perhaps that's why the secondary's are stuck closed as I mentioned earlier, I do not know much history on the car but has been sitting for over 25 years.
Well you can't be anything of "sure" of that if you don't rip into it

-
Back