Four bolt mains

-
Hi . Have anyone with any success used these milodon main caps . I think i asked once before what the pro`s thought about them and the general idea was that one should get a race block if that kind of power is to come out of it, or cut off the outer parts of them and use them as two bolt caps and I`m fine with that. But it really did not answer the above question . Have they been used with any success.Best regards UbbeView attachment 1715449443
yes use them, They act like a girdle helping to decrease block flex by holding the sides of the block in the center. I like them better then the mains I used pictured above

Sorry just off track but they are a good pan I run one on my stroker only down side you need to lift the passenger rear a little bit to get all the oil out due to all the trap doors.
Yes it looks real fine . Will get one for the 340 . for my current engine i will just baffle the original one . One problem with the over oiling of the rear cylinders is probably the use of Scat rods . they are a little narrower than std rods so the endplay is a little on the big side with a factory crank. For the 340 there will be a Eagle crank and rods and they match the endplay very well.Don´t understand why they make aftermarket rods narrower than original ones. Specs say .009 - .017 end play and i got .025 as the largest endplay on one pair. Some say it don´t matter but ,,,,, Not much to do about that but if i can get other oilspray away from the rear it might help up the situation .

yes use them, They act like a girdle helping to decrease block flex by holding the sides of the block in the center. I like them better then the mains I used pictured above
I am measuring the amount of material there actually is where the outboard bolts would go . So i have not decided yet . the machining process you mentioned is a must . Then talk to the machinist also . He´s got good equipment and knowhow. Thank´s for input .

the front cap is usually the problem IMHO
solve that before spending on the marginal improvement of the splayed caps
which moves the problem to a different area of the block
they still break
anything can break
I'd spend my money on longer rods and lighter pistons first and only on the caps after that
a full bed girdle?

-
Back