four speed stuff

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
What year shifter are you looking for?

I have a 1969 4-speed console shifter for sale. Needs rechrome (was quoted $100.00 from Pauls Chrome) $325.00 shipped

74 dart, located in pukwana sd 23 spline to go behind a 360

i might of found a shifter already but ill get back to you if the deal doesnt go through. mainly looking for a transmission i guess. was supposed to get one from a guy that was already gone through but it sounds like im gona get my money back intead of a transmission. not sure if i want one thats ready to go or needs rebuild but open to everything. thanks

I have a truck length aluminum case OD trans with shifter that I'd consider selling. It can be adapted to work in an A body. I'm only about 85 miles from you. PM me if interested.

I have a truck length aluminum case OD trans with shifter that I'd consider selling. It can be adapted to work in an A body. I'm only about 85 miles from you. PM me if interested.

how can it be adapted? different tail shaft? is it working or deos it need rebuild? you must be in souix falls right?

I live in Charles Mix county, about 60 miles from Mitchell, about 110 from Sioux Falls. The truck trans has a longer tailshaft than an A body trans. I've read (I think on the slant six forum) that you can make a steel adapter bracket to bolt to the original shifter location & mount an A body shifter to the bracket. The trans works as far as I know. I bought it used to use in my car & it shifts fine. I'm still toying with the idea of using it by swapping the tailshaft setup from another trans I have, but I'll probably never do it because the other trans I have has been rebuilt & I think I'd be a fool to start taking it apart.

I have a 4 speed transmission out of my dads 73 duster. I would rebuild it before use. also have bellhousing shifter and rods pedals if needed.

I live in Charles Mix county, about 60 miles from Mitchell, about 110 from Sioux Falls. The truck trans has a longer tailshaft than an A body trans. I've read (I think on the slant six forum) that you can make a steel adapter bracket to bolt to the original shifter location & mount an A body shifter to the bracket. The trans works as far as I know. I bought it used to use in my car & it shifts fine. I'm still toying with the idea of using it by swapping the tailshaft setup from another trans I have, but I'll probably never do it because the other trans I have has been rebuilt & I think I'd be a fool to start taking it apart.

ill think about it but i think id rather have a straight 4 speed instead of overdrive, but not for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back