Fracking issues on your land??/

-
I am all for cheap energy sources, but you should have seen the damaged done last winter to the road up to my dads house, the heavy equipment left 1.5' deep ruts in a paved rual road.
Yes 1.5' ruts, making the road almost impassable except for an 4x4 or farm tractors.
Yes it was eventaully repaired but not after several calls to the state DOH and local county comission.

Yeah just watched Gasland, looks terrifying. goodbye water supply if they frack new New york.

what do you mean if they frack new york they have been fracking in new york for a few years ask em how i know i know people that have bee doing in in new yorl and Pa nothing new also don't for get the pipe lines they have to put in a friend of mine upstart Pa has 150ac they payed him 2.5 millon to drill 2 wells and run pipe line thru his place he will also get i think he told me 5 cents for ever gallon the pump out of the 2 wells nice deal but remember they don't care about him or his family or his farm he had 45 apples trees he had a contract with them not to cut anyof them down the compnay that came in to put the pipe line cut them all down he was pissed that company told him they didn't have any contract with him and they did what they needed to do so now he is in a law suit with the gas company REMEMBER the only one to that gets SCREWED is US

Fracking is done at approximately two miles of depth or more, our water supply is generally at around 200 feet - just fact. The only area of concern is at the well head and it is important to utilize proper materials in sealing that to avoid potential problems. I have done some significant research on this and we are surrounded by propaganda of the worst kind. "Gasland" is a huge piece of propaganda that fits into this category, look into who financed this movie and you will see what I mean. Please don't be fooled by those who would control you for their own reasons, reasons which are not intended to do anything good for you. Road issues and such things can be properly addressed, but You need to step up and hold your local politicians to account.

Road and infrastructure are always issues where gas and oil production takes place, and the wear and tear doesn't end when drilling stops. The traffic increases a hundred-fold in rural areas on roads that were designed to support farm traffic. However, oil and gas production provides huge amounts of revenue to the states.

In North Dakota, the most active drilling area in the country, all the oil and gas extracted is subject to an 11% tax on those who profit from the product, whether they live in the state, or not. It equates to billions of dollars in a state with far less than a million citizens. This is in addition to corporate taxes, income taxes, sales taxes, and road taxes on all the vehicles used in the business. The problem is applying the massive revenue intake to problems caused by the petroleum industry, and not on some politicians favorite unfunded project.

Believing all you see in "Gasland" is like believing anything you see in a Michael Moore "Mockumentary", there's an agenda to the film, and to call them a documentary is nothing more than a farce.

FF

Just "try" to get real facts on this issue. There is more misinformation on this subject than there is during a presidential election year. Anecdote after anecdote, "my mother knows a woman who's great niece on her fathers side has a friend whose husband's father... bla, bla, bla."

My entire family is involved with it one way or another in Northern Pa. and it is neither as bad as the nay-Sayers claim, nor as good as the other side claims, I am sure.

Believing all you see in "Gasland" is like believing anything you see in a Michael Moore "Mockumentary", there's an agenda to the film, and to call them a documentary is nothing more than a farce.

FF

People could get through gasland??

I saw it on netflix last night and tried to watch it. I lasted 10-20 minutes. That guy has such a crappy narrating voice. I wanted him to shut up before he even got on to the subject.

How is tap water that now catches fire and didnt before be propaganda? Both sides have there "propaganda"

In the film's signature moment Mike Markham, a landowner, ignites his tap water. The film leaves the viewer with the false impression that the flaming tap water is a result of natural gas drilling. However, according to the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, which tested Markham's water in 2008, there were "no indications of oil & gas related impacts to water well." Instead the investigation found that the methane was "biogenic" in nature, meaning it was naturally occurring and that his water well was drilled into a natural gas pocket.
This is one of several examples where the film veers from the facts. A second depiction of a flaming faucet in the home of Renee McClure also misleads viewers about the connection between natural gas development and methane in water wells. McClure's well was sampled by the state of Colorado and it, too, showed only naturally occurring methane.
The film's claims are so egregious that the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission was compelled to set the record straight.
The COGCC information sheet corrects the film's misleading depictions and addresses false allegations of methane migration in Weld County.

-
Back