frame conn. lol

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
man some people really dont think much about what frame conn. do to a car..well today i was out in the shop egtting my car ready for the chopping block..lol and i have i think its 2x3 steel conn. and got the back up on the stands and blocks about 3' of the floor and went to the front to jack it up so i can level the car ..got the floor jack as high as it would go needed a little more so i took my other jack and placed it under the lower control arm to get that sid up just a little more..started to jack the front driver side up and looked and the back driver was off the block as well...just cause the frame conn. are in there what a world of diff....not its time to cut them out and start the process on the back of the car..anyway just thought i would share just how much this things really do to help this cars out...:D

Yup, subframe connectors really stiffen the body on those uni-body cars.

Translation please…

some people dont really think that the frame conn. are any use to them until the car is twisted ...loltheey make a world of diff. in the way th car handle to me...i can open my door and close it with no problem while on jack stands try that without them ..lol i will post pics as i do the work to my car once i start it...waiting on a few more parts to show up for the motor now then on to the car....:D

They work. Owned one car that was a drag car most it's life. A Duster.
No connectors on it. Went to jack it up on a level floor. Put the stands
on the rear frame on the front spring mount. The front on the front rails
just where they come down to the flat.
The left front was almost a half inch high. Off the stand.
I got them on the Duster. Not taking a chance.

-
Back