Frame connector question?

-

Alaskan_Dart

Mopars are an addiction
Reaction score
I am asking since I don't have access to a Duster right now for the info. I am buying some frame connectors from Jegs but they are for a Duster vs. a Dart. I heard that is a difference in length? Any truth? I need to find out by Monday if anyone can help, that would help me out a lot. My car is a '72 Dart factory v8 car also if that helps. I'm also installing larger Torsion bars. Has a 8 1/4 rearend right now, 8 3/4 getting narrowed as of this moment.
Thanks.....Mark :thumbup:

Check the weel base, some cars are 108" and some are 111" it matters.
my duster is 108-not sure on a dart

The duster is 108" wheelbase and the dart is 111" wheelbase..Are you buying bolt ons or weld ins...Lee

I'm buying bolt on style. I have been looking on the internet to try to get info. as well. I found out that Dusters are 108'' and darts are 112'' . Now if I only knew if the bolt on frame cont. would work or not vs the weld on style. I'm tired, so that doesn't help right now, been a long day........
Thanks guys......Mark

if they are too short cut them and weld a piece in to make them the correct length. Or a welding shop could do this and it shouldn't cost much.

go weld in...wouldnt waste the $ on bolt ons
if you do a seach you can probably find the thread where i explain how i made my own

I just found some bolt on style from Mopar performance. I'm buying them vs weld in style cause they are different in the way they are set up and rear,rear set up is offset, I'll weld in the bolt in's anyways. $133.00 from Mopar.
Thanks for everyones info.
Mark

I've fabbed parts before. I'm a bodyman/painter 20 plus years. Sometimes its just easier to cheat and buy parts already done vs building them for yourself. I'm busy, and I can afford them this time. I'm trying to get the car ready for summer let alone fab a pair of frame connectors in my free time, but thanks........

I bought a pair of bolt-on connectors from Mancini Racing for $105.00 but I ended up welding them in anyway. You`ll likely have to move your parking brake cable and remove the mufflers to drill and bolt in the rear section. I just welded mine in and was quite happy with the job and with the way it stiffens the car. Search some of the other threads on this subject and you`ll find lots of helpful information.

I'm planning on welding in 2x3 Steel as Frame Connectors. These will be going in a 68' Dart, 111" Wheelbase. The connectors will be 53" long, and weld in directly to the Trans-Cross Member, and a rear Rails. I'll post some more pictures as I start the project.

P2050003.jpg

P2050005.jpg

Longgone said:
I bought a pair of bolt-on connectors from Mancini Racing for $105.00 but I ended up welding them in anyway. You`ll likely have to move your parking brake cable and remove the mufflers to drill and bolt in the rear section. I just welded mine in and was quite happy with the job and with the way it stiffens the car. Search some of the other threads on this subject and you`ll find lots of helpful information.

Guys,

Read the Tech Article, and took a stab at it. Wanted to share my experience. I bought a 10' length of 2 x 3 x .120 (about 1/8") steel for $50.00. The bough a 12" of 1 Inch Square Steel Tube for $2.00.

A SAFETY NOTE, PLEASE, PLEASE WEAR EYE PROTECTION WHEN YOU WORKING THE METAL. You only get one set of Eyes, and a sliver of steel can ruin your day :)

Here's the design I came up. I wanted to avoid cutting the floor plan at all cost, just because they are in such good shape. So I notched the Steel to make clearance for the floor plan, and the spring bracket as discussed in the article.

It took me about 1 hour per connector for all the Fabrication work, and welding. I've never seen the for purchase connectors, so I'm not sure if mine are better, but if you want to try, it's pretty fun.

FrameConnectors.jpg

FrameRailMarkerLight001.jpg

When I get them mounted, I take some pictures.

-
Back