frame connectors

-

djwhog

Reaction score
I have seen that Mopar makes a frame connector package for A bodies, however it states it fits 66-76 years. Has anyone seen if it will work on a 64 Dart? I do not understand why it would not fit on a 63-65 car since the A body changed in 67 as far as under the hood issues and a few other things.
Maybe I am missing something here, I just do not know if there is a diff in the unibody of a pre 66 car?

If anyone has another solution it would appreciated too!

Here is the package number from Mopar
DCC-4876658
Product Line: Mopar Performance Bolt-On Frame Connectors
Connector Finish: Natural
Connector Material: Steel
Quantity: Sold as a pair.
Notes: 111 in. wheelbase only

Also Competition Engineering has a package that says it fits 70-76, but then why would theirs not fit back too 66 like Mopar? Go figure, their tech support was a joke!

Thanks Everyone
Dave

Your best bet it to just weld up your own if you have a mig. Otherwise I dont see why the M.P. ones wouldnt work.

I can't tell you who makes them right now, but they have the laser cut version available that conforms to the contours of the floor. Anyone tried these?

Those are made by US CarTool, but last I checked the A body ones werent available.

yeah id just make my own if i was you and had access to a welder it will save you alot, its about half the price to make em then buy em, do the ones you buy only come as a bolt in type, yeah you can weld em, i am. and is it sugested to tie them into the floor/and or rocker pannels. i dont really wanna cut up my floors to tie the sub. con. to tie in with them? im a lil confused here, could i just but weld them to the floors?

With the contour of the rear floor if you don't have the contour matched in the connector it has to come into the pan.

On this same subject, when would you put the connectors in ?? With the suspension loaded ? on jackstands ? could you do it without stressing the body on a rotissere ?

Dave

If the body is straight and square and not sagging you can put it up in the air with jackstands with the weight on the suspension. If the body is sagging you can hang the front or rear off the jackstands and weld in the connectors to get rid of the sag.

-
Back