Frame number

-

Joshes

Reaction score
Hi all,
Firstly apologise if this question has been asked before.
I am looking for frame number on 1971 Dodge Demon. Can anyone tell me where the numbers are located?
Many thanks,
Josh

Ted, I think he's referring to the VIN numbers that are stamped in a couple of places on the car. Normally there's one on the upper left rad support, and one on the trunk lip, underneath the trunk lid seal on the left side about 1/2 way between the rear curve of the trunk and the front of the lid. Sometimes the locations vary depending on the mfg. year and body style of the car.

Is that the info you were looking for?

Generally, no trunk lip stamp on a Demon.

The rear stamp will likely be on the package tray area between the speaker hole and window ledge, drivers side.

Thank guys - I will find those numbers. I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. In order to register the car - local police only knows 2 numbers: Engine Number and Chassis Number. I have tried to explain that the frame number is the VIN number plate on the dashboard. The police people insists that the number is not that - it should be BIG? I scratched my head - thus I asked the forum if anyone knows any numbers stamped other than the VIN plate on the front dash.

The numbers stamped into the sheetmetal in various places on the car are not BIG! They are usually somewhat hidden.

yeah, Definitely not so easy to find, the package tray number on my duster is only about half readable. much easier to look for the one on the rad support. if not buy a letter/number punch set and punch the vin into the body somewhere, paint over it so it looks old... ( did I say that out loud? ) Seriously go find the numbers on the frame they will be there but like buried treasure!

crackedback, you're right on the package tray location on the Demon. I knew I was missing one somewhere.
Josh, does your car have a tag on the driver's side door post also?

-
Back