Frame swaps

-

KYRedbeard

Reaction score
I don't know if someone else has asked this. I have a 73 Dart Swinger. Is there a newer model Mopar I can do a Frame swap to? I'm trying to swap my body to a newer model drivetrain.

I don't know if someone else has asked this. I have a 73 Dart Swinger. Is there a newer model Mopar I can do a Frame swap to? I'm trying to swap my body to a newer model drivetrain.

Your Dart is unibody like all 60s-70s Mopars. It isn't body-on-frame like GM and Ford cars. Can't really "frame swap", more like cut out the entire floor pan of the car and graft the body onto something else.

What he said. I have seen things like a 68 Charger body grafted onto a new Hellcat, but this is really a complete custom fabrication job — it is in no way a "frame swap".

If you just want a modern Hemi engine swap, that has been done a lot. There is a specific forum for it, even.

To what ends? The purpose being what?
"Newer model drivetrains" fit without carving out the unibody to install a frame. Lots of them on this site- Magnum, Gen III hemis, even Pentastar v6s for engines, 42/46RH/RE automatic and all sorts of five and six speed manuals are the norm... suspension and braking upgrades that take you up to and beyond modern handling standards... they're all over this site, it's a lot of what we are about.
Unless your "frame swap" goals are something totally different:
1690426423212.png

-
Back