frame ties

-

dartkid68

Reaction score
i know this probably has been asked a hand full of times but; what is everyone's opinion on frame ties? i have a 68 dart im doing a rotisserie restoration and my underneath will be painted the same as car! my car came with "on the side never installed" bolt on frame ties. is it worth putting on? and should i drill and bolt them on or weld them? my car isnt going to be a race car keep that in mind.

They should have had them from the factory IMHO. Doesn't matter if your car isn't going to be a race car, you'll notice the difference. Fewer squeaks and rattles, doors will fit better, handling will feel more solid.

If you have the bolt in kind already those will be fine. They're not the strongest out there, but they're easy to install and they will still make a big difference compared to not having them. It's better if they're welded in place, the bolts will not hold them as solidly. But you can definitely bolt them in to get them located and keep them in place, and then weld them in once they're located. Then you can take the bolts out and weld up the holes.

-
Back