Fredericksburg, TX Swap meet

-

Bobacuda

Reaction score
It was plenty hot, so I think a number of the usual vendors decided tot to attend. The car corral did not have, but there were some unique vehicles.
IMG_6786.jpeg

IMG_6785.jpeg
Model A Roadster. Plymouth truck with the unfortunate Chevy drivetrain.

A Ford coupe, an REO Speed Delivery and an Edsel Ranchero made from a station wagon. It made a better looking Ranchero than a station wagon.

IMG_6782.jpeg

IMG_6781.jpeg

IMG_6783.jpeg

Last edited:
Those wheel caps are neat!
Brings back some old memories.
There is an old Whipet dealership in the town I live in. The artwork is still on the walls. It's all preserved and in private hands.
I only know about it because I carried mail there for years and was invited in after it was learned I was a Mopar nut.
When I was a kid, there was an old lady who drove a Moon model 6-40 as her daily. You may only see her once or twice a month or so, but that big car made an impression on me. This would have been maybe 1975 I guess. My grandfather would comment on that car when he saw it. I guess that's the reason I knew what it was after all these years.
I remember when that old lady died. She and her husband owned the lumber yard & saw mill. He'd passed away in the late 60's. Her son had been killed in WWII. The talk of the time was that they found $100's of thousands of dollars in the house. I guess the depression had done a job on them with banks.
I'm not sure what ever became of that old Moon, I have a guess, but can't confirm that.
Cool find!

Poppa and Uncle Walter would talk about their Uncle Dan’s Moon. Dark blue, white convertible top, white pinstripes, whitewalls - said it was the best looking car they ever saw.

We got to go to Harrah’s Auto Collection in Reno before Holiday Inn bought it and sold off the cars. There was a Moon that looked like the description of Uncle Dan’s.

The paint and bright work looked like new. The leather upholstery showed its age. The info for the car said was a barn find, stored on the upper floor of a 2-story barn. They had to use cables to stabilize the barn and a big crane to get it out.

It was beautiful. Wish they still made cars that looked like that.

-
Back