Free at last

-
Guess I'm the only one on the other side of the fence. My son has lived with me since he was 13 even though he spent most of his time with me from the time he was about 8. He is almost 20 and he is not just my son but my best friend. Women have come and women have been sent packing so it's him and I. Over the the years we have ridden dirt bikes/quads, we street ride, snowmobile, hunt, shoot, fish and hot rod together. I can count on him and he can count on me. I don't think he will leave home as long as I'm alive, but if he did I know he wouldn't go far. I have other friends but it would be really really wierd without him here.

Well said ,I understand the father son thing but there comes a time.

Yes I understand that also. I've had some pretty serious health issues and believe that he dosen't want something to happen and wish he had spent more time with me. I'm sure a few years down the road I'll be hoping that he makes the move, as it is part of maturing. And i'd want to be around to advise and try to make sure he stays on the right path. He has plenty of girls friends, but he's not looking to settle in any time soon. He enjoys his freedoms too much.

We still have our 15 yr old daughter home with us. The two other step kids are gone and will not be back due to the fact that they both had children and then basically abandoned them and my wife and I have had custody of the grandchildren since they were given up on from their parents. It is the right thing to do. They are now 7 and 9 yrs old. It will still be several years before we "get the house to ourselves."

We still have our 15 yr old daughter home with us. The two other step kids are gone and will not be back due to the fact that they both had children and then basically abandoned them and my wife and I have had custody of the grandchildren since they were given up on from their parents. It is the right thing to do. They are now 7 and 9 yrs old. It will still be several years before we "get the house to ourselves."

Your doing a great thing me thinks they your kids after the party is over will have big regrets if that's why the left.I applauded you.

-
Back