Free Saturn rocket

-
I wonder if Kim Jong Un has sent them an email from North Korea yet........

I wonder what the splash looked like when those things landed in the ocean?

Fastest thing in town, when you can get fuel for it...

Reliable, too. No Saturn ever failed on launch, unlike a lot of other rockets we could name. Fact: The Stage 1 burn was only 155 seconds for a moon launch (at which point it was doing 17,000mph, BTW), but they tested every single engine for 1000 seconds continuous thrust. Do you think a Top Fuel motor could survive a 30 second test run?

Come to think of it, I don't know why you would have to spend that much for shipping. Just pay for a couple truckloads of LOX and liquid hydrogen and you could fly that thing anywhere short of the international space station. Landing might be tricky...

I wonder what the splash looked like when those things landed in the ocean?
Usually they partially break up in the atmosphere when they come down. But you're right, some pretty big chunks do splash down. Here's a Saturn V engine on the bottom of the ocean:
uHUaMZHjQ5mSmBmhWjqh59-320-80.jpg

Last edited:
Read the fine print, the rocket engine that NASA is offering is a Saturn I, not a Saturn V.
Less thrust/power, which means one would need to reduce payload if one is planning on using it for a moon launch.
Unfortunately that is a deal breaker for me.

If a person really wants this, there is a way to get for next to nothing. Contact DIY network and say you got an idea for tiny house nation, that you want to build it into an aeronautical museum. You could probably pull it off if you live in Florida or the neighboring states...

Read the fine print, the rocket engine that NASA is offering is a Saturn I, not a Saturn V.
Less thrust/power, which means one would need to reduce payload if one is planning on using it for a moon launch.
Unfortunately that is a deal breaker for me.
Never mind that it took over 80 engines (every trip) to go to the moon and back!

-
Back